“Excellent place, very good and creative food”
Review of Prima Plora

Prima Plora
Ranked #12 of 348 Restaurants in Rethymnon
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We strive for what we love in a world that has forgotten the value of food in our lives. A plate of food, eaten in a restaurant or at home, the taste and the quality depends on the raw materials we use. With this as our principle and also that are forthright in any form of mass production of the raw materials, we have come and we have partnerships only with small local producers, who have the same philosophy as us. Our cuisine consists of raw materials without pesticides and fertilizers and from animals grown and fed in nature, as normally required in warehouses and not eating GM foods.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent place, very good and creative food”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

LOcated a little outside of the town center near the waterfront. Nice terasses, and very nice indoor restaurant. Kitchen is typical greece, but with a big touch of creativity in preperation.A highlight to all the restaurants in the center of town with all this pulling & pushing to get you in. Here you need a reservation.Food is freshly made, creatively served, and the service is excellent. friendly stuff, clean restrooms...
This is definitely a place i want to return

Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
Swanage, United Kingdom
“Excellent location”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Having agreed to meet visiting friends in Rethymnon for lunch I had to find somewhere to eat. As I live further West in Crete I didn't know many places to in the town and wanted somewhere special. Thanks to Frankie Miles and Tripadvisor I found Prima Plora and discovered one of the best restaurants I have eaten at on the island. The location is stunning, the service excellent and the food sophisticated and unusual. We had a great afternoon arriving at 1.30 and not leaving until 5 p.m. A great experience and we will be visiting again.

• Visited October 2012
Barmouth, United Kingdom
“High hopes!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went full of anticipation on the recommendation of our hotel as we wanted a fish dinner and were planning a visit to the harbour area, since we had read of this restaurant we were happy to change our plans and got a taxi. The setting is lovely though our table a little exposed but this was fine as we had literally arrived unannounced and it was busy - a good sign. We ordered and the starters were lovely, in fact all the food was a good quality. For mains my husband had the seafood selection which is normally a two share and they were happy to split and I had fish of the day. They asked if I wanted it filleted which I did, but when it arrived possibly due to the time taken to fillet it, the fish was barely warm and the plate it was on was stone cold, this detracted from my enjoyment along with the large number of cats strolling around which I appreciate does not worry some people, is not the fault of the restaurant who do request you don't feed them but I have really struggled with this aspect of our holiday in general, not just at this restaurant but everywhere as I am very uncomfortable around cats in general, (purely personal I accept). Anyway back to review, after our lovely starters, my husbands very acceptable seafood selection and my lukewarm fish we sat with our plates in front of us, finished our wine and placed the bottle upside down in the cooler and we waited and waited for a good 30 minutes. Dirty plates and no drink! Finally someone approached and we did bring to their attention and they genuinely seemed upset but by now the evening had lost its magic, our candle also had blown out, I read the review previously and thought was a little harsh but sadly our own experience was similar - sorry! I think I would prefer for lunch. Go for the setting and food as it would seem we were possibly unlucky.

Visited October 2012
5 Thank jandj50
Windermere, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Food and Setting”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The setting of this place is lovely right next to the sea but in a quiet area of the town. The food and service were both fantastic.

Alongside To Pigadi and Alana, Prima Plora is an excellent choice of restaurant to go to. We'd highly recommend visiting these three restaurants, as they were head and shoulders above other places we tried.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Forkie
Almyrida, Greece
“a beautiful meal all by myself”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had a fantastic experience here, beautifull view, food was excellent as was the service,price was reasonable considering how good the location was, will be going back for sure

• Visited June 2012