“Imaginative Balkan cooking”
Review of Kapilio

Kapilio
Ranked #29 of 376 Restaurants in Rethymnon
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The descriptions are only in english at the moment
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Serbian owned restaurant in one of the small alleys near the centre. Limited indoor seating. Imaginative menu. Excellently cooked fillet steak and pork fillet dishes at a reasonable price. The chalk board shows some good special offers. Good service. We went twice in a week. Deservedly busy in the evening; rather quieter at lunchtime.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Small down a side street with mismatch tables and decor. A warm welcome from the waiter when passing. A nice menu with good options, garlic bread starter was a let down but the gratis bread and tapenade dips were excellent. Mains of chicken kebab was good, pork fillet in onion and red wine sauce turned out to be pork with cheese and ham. Mistake by the waitress, but I still found it delicious so no harm done. House wine pleasant. I was astonished at the bill. By far the cheapest meal we have eaten during our stay... €28 all in. Outstandingly good value therefore! If I had paid €60 for this I may be disgruntled but for €28 I have nothing but Praise.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We came at 15:00 midweek and we were the only one in the restaurant, so we had a chance to speak with the Serbian/Greek owner who was very friendly.

The food was great, I took a dish that was recommended by the owner. It was so great that my son ordered another dish after tasting mine. It was Chicken staffed with Feta cheese and ham. Delicious!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This restaurant is situated in a narrow street. The tables are ouside but it is still possible to eat without too many people rushing by your table.

We ordered some greek dishes with rose wine and beer. The service was pretty fast. The dishes were served and they were good. They tasted exatly as we expected them to taste. The servant was a bit unlucky when delivering my food so I ended up with some tomato spots on my shirt, but anyway we were pleased.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Took recommendations from the staff and regretted none of them. Food was very good and decent value.