“What more can I say”

Ranked #1 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Maleme
England
“What more can I say”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Have just returned from my 10th visit to The Mistral. What a special hotel and a great 2 weeks I had. Every year I find something else about this hotel that adds to my opinion that this is simply my home from home. The rooms are so beautifully decorated and the beds are huge, the cleaning staff work so hard each day to keep the rooms amazingly clean and tidy (not easy where I am concerned). The food is fresh (much of it organic) and as someone who only has a small appetite I am able to help myself to whatever I fancy without being faced with a huge plateful. Don't get me wrong if you have a large appetite you can eat until you burst. The staff are all fantastic and make you feel so at home. Nothing is ever too much trouble at any time. The trips that have been added this year have been a great addition. I did the days sailing, an absolute must, a perfect day that will remain in my memory for a very long time. But the thing that makes this hotel so special are the fantastic people that you meet every year. When I went for the very first time I was on my own, as are most of us, but over the years I have met so many special people that remain lifelong friends that I never feel alone, unless I want to be, and each year I meet more and more people, from all walks of life and all nationalities. If you are single and looking for a relaxing holiday look no further than this little piece of heaven.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was my first trip to the Mistral and I had a fantastic time. It was just what I needed - its so relaxing. The owners and staff are great - attentive, friendly and extremely helpful. The food was so good, organic and tasty - I am quite fussy but just about ate everything put in front of me! Its the sort of place where you can choose what you want to do. For me the trip was just to relax for a week, so I spent a lot of time by the pool. There are like minded people you can chat to or just read your book all day in peace. I had a Deluxe room and it was perfect. I had no complaints - the room was clean and everything functioned perfectly well.

I have never been anywhere where the moment I walked into the hotel I felt relaxed and safe.
Good memories, lots of new friends and an urge to book for next year! I will definitely be going back.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have visited the Mistral for what now seems a lifetime and Vassilis, Adonis and Donna feel like family. Over seven years I have made many friendships and sharing the Mistral experience with people I know and care about is very special. However each year I meet so many new people from different countries and this is a lovely part of the hotels ethos: open, sharing and caring whilst everyone has the space they might need. It would be hard to prioritise the hotel's pleasures - the rooms, ambience, delicious food that caters for all preferences, trips and warm and caring staff.
Difficult to imagine how but it keeps improving: from small touches to a new fantastic day on an elegant sailing boat. So looking forward to next year!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely - tell Donna if you prefer one away from the bar socialising!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

visited the mistral in june this year. it excelled all expectations - good hotel, fab food and great excursions - would definitely recommend and will be hoping to return next year! All the staff were very attentive and would recommend Gramvousa island and Elafonnisi beach, The highlight must be chania though. Room 305 recommended

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had a great time - chilled days with fun evenings.Also got to see a lot more of the island by going off the beaten track, which was really enjoyable.Discovered some great beaches and villages.Donna, Vassilis and Adonis were very attentive and excellent hosts throughout.As usual the food was just what you want in Crete - fresh and beautifully cooked.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

After a very difficult year, my doctor prescribed a holiday alone, having travelled alone before I was worried about going to a 'normal' hotel. The Mistral is anything but normal, the hotel itself is beautiful, the rooms to an excellent standard, the food delicious, the staff went above and beyond to make my stay relaxing and helped me to enjoy the whole Mistral experience. The other guests were all so different, everyone had their story as to why they chose the Mistral, and I am so glad they were there with me! Thank you everyone! Trudy

Buckinghamshire
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have just had the most perfect holiday at the Mistral Hotel and to think I was so worried about going on holiday on my own. If you are contemplating going don't - just book it!!! This is a truly fabulous place with wonderful food and great company. Donna, Vassilis & Adonis, the hosts, are absolutely superb. Had some great laughs, trips & cocktails with new friends.
There seemed to be a 50/50 mix of guests who hadn't been to the Mistral before and those who were returning for another stay.
I am most confused at 'wanderer418' and their statement that most of the guests knew each other. I did not find this to be the case at all. A lot of guests seem to have booked 2 weeks and this was their second week so perhaps that is why some had been on the trips before.
I went on two excursions: the beach & fish lunch where there was about 12 of us and the beach/boat trip where there was 7 of us. I thoroughly enjoyed both. If there was any room left on a trip for the following day it was always announced at dinner. A group of us visited Chania independently and we also visited the German cemetery. I spent the rest of the time chilling out around the pool areas - blissful. Did I ever feel excluded? - not once.
Will I go back? Without a doubt!

2 Thank Sue T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maleme
Louis Creta Princess Beach Hotel
#12 of 109 in Chania Town
Golden Rose
Golden Rose
#3 of 13 in Kolymbari

Been to The Mistral? Share your experiences!