My friend and I read the reviews for Mikes apartments and felt assured that the we were staying in one of the best places in Maleme.
Whilst the hotel is well looked after the location is a 40min bus ride to the main town, which means additional time and money is needed to visit the beautiful harbour and wonderful restaurants in the main town. The town also offers boat rides around the island, that are well worth investing in.
In addition the beach, that is very close to the apartments is a pebbly beach, which was not to my taste, but may not be a problem from others. A sandy beach can be found a 10min bus drive away.
The Representative responsible for Mike's Hotel and Apartments Melissa Davies is incredibly rude, provided incorrect information that could have had lead to devastating consequences and when challenged was dismissive and dishonest. I was so upset by her treatment of my friend and I, I felt compelled to write to the company to complain about her. In addition to this the excursions offered in the welcome meeting (an oxymoron!) are so over priced it's well worth you doing a bit of research before you get out there, or hiring a car, as it works out so much cheaper. I would also have a map on hand as Melissa's guide is Terrible, I had the pleasure of reading this document that Melissa claimed to have been working on for the last 7 years, and it was poor. I think her ego had taken control when writing this document, she is no Bill Bryson!
For this reason I would not recommend staying in the hotel or apartments. Which is a shame, because it is a nice clean hotel. However, Melissa Davies totally spoiled my holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mike’s Studios & Apartments are situated on the beach in the village of Maleme, 17 kilometres west of Chania. The self-catering apartments are modern and spacious and are all surrounded by a beautiful tropical gardens. 100 metres away from the apartments is Mike's Hotel and Restaurant. Based on more traditional design, the hotel includes sea view or mountain view rooms. Enjoy Mediterranean specialties on the restaurant terrace gazing at the blue horizon of the Aegean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your Mike Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mike Hotel And Apartments
- Mike Hotel & Apartments Maleme, Crete - Chania
- Mike Hotel máleme