Flew out on the 28th August for a one week package with Olympic Holidays. The flights were with Small Planet and they were good and on time. The only downside was that my new very sturdy luggage tag ( a gift from Tripadvisor) had mysteriously disappeared! The transfer took about 40 minutes to Ledra. Check in at reception was smooth and efficient. The standard of our studio was excellent. It was large with 2 single beds pushed together and a small single. There was even a shower cubicle in the bathroom! The first greek apartment we,ve stayed in to have one! The decor was bright and clean and a toaster, kettle and t.v supplied. Rooms were serviced every day and the sheets and towels changed mid week. Our ground floor balcony was private and not overlooked by others. We didnt use the pool as it looked a bit cramped, so can,t comment. The downside to the Ledra is it,s a little too far from the restaurants if you have any walking difficulty. It takes about 6 minutes to the pebble beach but another 8-10 to the nearest restaurant. Don,t expect a huge choice of eating places, we saw only about 9 resturants and cafe bars. We ate lunches in Kyma( Waves) and Mythos and evening meals in the Ayepi, Perasma, Ledra and the Albatross Hotel. My favourite was the Ayepi as it was spacious with sea views and a large grass area. For children it also had a trampoline and a couple of rides. My worst meal was at the Albotross, the chicken fillet was terrible! We had one meal at Ledra that was quite good but " the barbecue night " was not worth 12 euro each. It consisted of salad, chips and pork kebabs. No drinks were included apart from a small customary raki that you are given at all the other restaurants in the resort! We met some nice people in Meleme and all seemed to be like minded, wanting a quiet base to both relax and explore the area. Hi to Jenny and Harry, hope you both enjoyed your second week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LEDRA MALEME HOTEL is located 15km outside the town center of Hania, 30km from the airport, 20km from Souda port and only 150 meters away from the beach. Not too far from the hotel you can fish, water ski, scuba dive, wind-surf, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ledra Maleme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ledra Maleme Hotel Maleme
- Ledra Maleme Chania
- Ledra Maleme Hotel Chania
- Ledra Maleme Crete - Chania