All reviews kids club salad plastic cups water slides pool area sea view animation team chrissi island young children fab holiday family hotel all inclusive hotel worst part eastern europeans snack bar by the pool all areas of the hotel every evening
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I loved my time at the Petra Mare. My family and I had a fantastic time, the entertainment was the best. Luke, Debbie, Sam, Wez, Laura everyone was kind and fun. The days were filled with games for everyone and the nights were full of life. Everyone even parents danced to the Kids party time club song. The entertainers were so friendly. I left just before my birthday. I can remember the embarassment of coming down to the stage to collect my little gift, as well as when my family won a certificate for the fact out whole family lost. We got certificate for all sorts of things, I personally won one for singing 'I will survive'. I really wish I can go back one day to have the same fun again, and if I did I would book a room for at least a month.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank MangaArtist
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Stayed at the petra mare last week of the season and wished we hadn't to be honest. We've never complained about anything before now but this place would have been better run by Basil Fawlty. Before I list the bad points i'll tell you about the good.
*very clean(cleaners did an excellent job)
*bar staff spot on(when working)
*location(beautiful)
now for the bad!
*pool bar closed all week
*main bar closed half way through the week during the day (so had to walkfull lengh of pool area and hotel for a drink and a bite to eat. If that wasn't bad enough you had to put a shirt on before entry and if you wanted a spirit go and find a member of staff if you was lucky!)
*food(not to bad until the dreaded vine leafs which took centre stage for the last four days which became a running joke between the guests)
*beach(never cleaned apart from sun loungers around you and they weren't even germans)
*entertainment what entertainment! (kids mainly watched videos unless you paid 5 euros for a slice of pizza or half a cup of sweets. Adults one game of killer pool all week during the day and a quiz at night if you was lucky nothing at all the last night got told to make our own entertainment nearly forgot to mention film night they put on a dvd not on a big screen on a 30 inch telly with no sound!)
*reps CRAP(a few of the guests went into complain and got told to read the terms and conditions and that was it asked for a complaint form they didnt have any, one guest wrote in the feed back book, Micheal the rep ripped it out and he told us he'd sent it off with a complaints form. Yeah right!!!!!! not very good first choice should rename to last choice!
If it hadn't have been for the people we met and the kids having a good time because there was a quite a few of them, this would have been the holiday fom hell but between us and most of the guests who were left during those last few days we kept our chins up.
Just like to say as well not all of reps were CRAP Younger kids end worked hard to keep them entertained as much as they could.

Location Good
Hotel staff Very good
Hotel very clean and lovely
Would recommend if all aminities were available and not run by First Choice

Reviewed November 4, 2009

returned from the Petra Mare on 1st November and were really glad to get home! Everything was closing around us- no pool bar at all, even though it was advertised, no evening entertainment on last night-in fact no reps to be seen! food very repetitive and not always hot although there was plenty of it. terrace outside the bar closed halfway through the week so you could not sit outside and have a drink. staff storing sun loungers away as people were still sunbathing! the whole inside of the hotel could do with some updating-very gloomy and rather shabby but very clean and rooms are a good size. we realise it was the end of the season and it would probably be different in the height of summer but when you pay for an all inclusive holiday with lots of facilities that is surely what you should get for the whole of your holiday . would not return to this hotel at this time of year.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shaun1711
Reviewed November 2, 2009

The hotel basically shut around us, it was a shell of what we expected. For half term prices the hotel and activities were non existent.

* two hour+ transfer
* snack bar closed all time we were there
* Bar closed after 3 days till 6 evening drinks from restaurant but had to dress every time we wanted a drink. Pre order spirits if staff could understand
* food repetative
* only entertainment for adults was quiz or bingo. promised party on last night reps went home to bed.
* Guests couldnt wait to leave
* unapproachable senior reps, bad comments appered to be ripped out of feedback book.
The only good thing was the kids club, my children enjoyed that.

2  Thank becj28
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Overall the place isnt bad. The hotel is clean and the maids did come in everyday. There isnt much to do in the area but we did take a walk down to 'cafe on the rocks' which the reps had recommended. The staff there are really nice and speak good english, the food and drinks are too expensive either.
Talking of food and drink the all inclusive drinks ended at midnight which I felt was apauling as this is in an all inclusive hotel. The food wasnt bad plenty of choice and some of it was very nice but it did get very repetative and I often found myself eating the kids food (pizza chips etc) with my kids (12, 9, 4)
The pool area is very nice although slightly dangerous I saw a fair few accidents while I was there!
The kids reps are great Happy Hannah and loopy Laura are all my four year old could talk about! however my other two children are of wavelength age, which is simular to a youth club. But Laren who was always in there came across extremely rude to myself and my husband and the children said she was very bosy and kept looking at them strangley. They were put off from going in there as laren was very unwelcoming and only seemed to have time to Leanne one of the entertainers (so that suggest only one thing).
The entertainment team barring Leanne were excellent. They arranged activities such as water polo volley ball and others with cricket being my favorite. In the evenings my four year old loved their kids disco which they put on every evening (big fish little fish cardboard box) my 9 and 12 year olds even joined in on some of them! There was then bingo or a quiz or things were they got the guests up and did guest v reps, myself and my husband really enjoyed these however the hotel needs to put some more lighting in the amphitheatre as its often hard to see things also the seats are uncomfortable.
Luke one of the entertainers has a great voice and should be somewhere better than the petra mare, along with Debbie and Laura. Debbie has a great voice to and is a good dancer, Laura never sang but is a brilliant dancer we expecially liked her ballet piece in mary poppins, my daughters dance to and this was there favorite. Leanne however cant sing and always seems t be trying to drown out debbie , she cant dance very well either and she came across extremily rude to us, I think first choice should take a look at that!
Final the holiday reps Mark and Micheal, these two were extremely careing and welcoming, they really did do everything they could to help and deserve a massive pat on the back.
Overall not a bad holiday but not the best, would recommend Crete but not the Petra Mare