All reviews kids club salad plastic cups water slides pool area sea view animation team chrissi island young children fab holiday family hotel all inclusive hotel eastern europeans snack bar by the pool all areas of the hotel every evening heraklion airport
Reviewed May 20, 2009

we have just come back from 2 week there, n we thought it was fantastic. the entertainers were brilliant n always helpful. there was always night time entertainment for all the family n late entertaiment for the for adults. the entertainers especially LUKE, FREDDIE, LEANNE and DEBBIE were always on hand if u needed anything, or just to make you smile. i would recommend this hotel to couples wanting a nice holiday or familys. " GOOD TIMES"!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Excellent family value for your money for my young family not much for teenagers

Ideal for young family’s who just wont to stay in one place as all the trips are quite a trek

Transfer from the airport was nearly 2 hours quite long after the flight with small kids

Me and my family of 5 have just got back from this All inclusive hotel and looking at the reports before I went I was concerned but pleasantly surprised on arrival.

All the pools and play areas have just been modernised to a five star standard. The staff are the best from the hotel staff to the First Choice staff and entertainers, all young lively people put on a really good show for us.

The food was a little repetitive but nice all the same plenty to chose from and you can like all, all inclusive can eat as much as you like (so be prepared to put on some weight

The pools where excellent in the stile of a pirate ship and other things the large pool for the adults had a panoramic view which was excellent

Down side which is no fault to first choice or the hotel
beach no sand
quite far from any day trips
overprices items in the hotel shop etc..

Irapetra Crete like most places in the world has gone very expensive all the shops have put their prises up and like turkey the shop and restaurant people are competing for your custom so you are getting badgered to buy or eat their.

If like me I don’t like that and some what puts me off going in their shops restaurants

I eaten out at one place had three salads two kids meals and 5 bottled water drinks and it came to 55 Euros which is madness it was like eating at the Hilton hotel but in you average place it was like this all over no holiday barges to have the EU has ruined changed the holiday experience for duty free and shopping

Overall I would go back to the hotel feel is was a lovely safe place for me and my family

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank chrisr1234
Reviewed May 16, 2009

we went 6 of us my hubby my dad and my 3 kids. really lovely hotel was not aware about the family incident when we stayed here so it did put us off, food great take some large pint cups as they only provide coffee cup size for beer and all. food nice staff great clean only 5 min walk accroos the beach to the town with all bars and shops paly area for kids. all happy 4 out of 5 . oh yer and the jet ski r fabarooney!! and all pools are great xx

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2009

I think it would be safe to say that me and my friends were left disapointed, The holiday reps that were there were terribly unhelpful, offered no advice on trips, medical advice for a girl who was unwell and were never there! There is no night time entertainment and the nearest pub is a 15 min walk across a dark beach! The food is ok but is very repetative. I would not reccomend this hotel for young people or young adults as there is nothing to do!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank claracluck89
Reviewed November 9, 2008

we have just returned from a weeks holidat at petra mare, crete. id read a few reviews before going and felt i had to leave one personally. everything about our stay there was excellent. hotel very clean rooms spacious and well kept. food was okay with a wide range of choices to suit all. hotel staff were all very friendly and the weather was fantastic 26deg-32 which for end of oct was more than we could have hoped. we would recommend this hotel as we all had a great time. kids made friends leaving us time to relax and enjoy the sun.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)