“Magical! Tailor made day!”

Travel Crete Private Tours
Ranked #7 of 52 Transportation in Heraklion
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Team by active professional tour guides with a great passion for our island, Crete. We aspire, that, guiding is not merely about impacting facts to people. It is equally about organizing anticipating the needs of a situation arranging the circumstances so that the people can enjoy the experience without stress. We organize private tours in Crete, to our four prefectures, Chania (Hania) – Rethimno (Rethymnon) – Heraklion (Iraklion) – Lasithi (Agios Nikolaos). Registered by Greek National Tourism Organization, we can offer a vast variety of services available upon request. Our experienced travel planners and tour experts, can take care of your every request and wish while staying on Crete. As travel planners and event makers, we have engaged successfully in the past in organizing private tours, incentives and tailor made tours according to every guest’s needs and wishes. We have gained the trust of our guests that have become friends over the years.
Reviewed June 13, 2017

Our hotel in Crete contacted 1618travel.com as we wanted to spend a day touring Santorini, Jannis, the owner of the company came and collected us at our hotel with Joanna Kalypso Glyptis, a wonderfully experienced tour guide. Words cannot express what an absolutely wonderful day we spent with them! Janis drove us to the port, where we boarded the ferry to Santorini, had seats in the VIP section which was very comfortable. They took us to the usual places of Oia and Fira, but loved going to off the beaten track places, , Jannis also drove us to the beach at Perisa where we had a short stop, enough time to paddle in the sea, which was lovely. We enjoyed lunch in Fira overlooking the Caldera. I have mobility issues, both Jannis and Joanna took great of me! I highly recommend 1618 Travel private tours, Janis and Joanna are charming and made our day in Santorini very special, thank you!

Date of experience: June 2017
in 4 reviews
"guide"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed June 10, 2017

My girlfriend and I decided to vacation in Crete for 2 week. As excited as we were, we were also worried about getting around the island. We wanted to enjoy the best that Crete had to offer. Enter "1618 Travel Private Tours". We sat down with Ioannis, the company's CEO, and came up with the best plan possible to see all the sites my girlfriend and I had always wanted to see, plus some places many don't know about. This was the best decision we could have made.

The drivers were all friendly and professional, taking the time to answer all the questions we had about Crete's culture, history and archaeological sites. As a World Religions major in my undergraduate studies, Ioannis, the drivers and Akrivi (a magnificent guide) were invaluable in providing information for my senior thesis.

My girlfriend and I will be returning to Crete and will make sure to reach out to "1618 Travel Private Tours" to provide us with the same friendly and professional service. Without them, I know our vacation would not have been great. Sas efharisto para poli!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Omar R
Reviewed June 10, 2017

So, you want an amazing vacation?

This is who you go through. Wow! We planned our trip out before and had certain places we wanted to see during our stay on the Island of Crete. They were able to also help us to develop a sight-seeing plan that has to envy any other possible travel services in the world. My boyfriend and I were submerged in the culture, the environment, the history and the food. Whether you're a vegan or a meat-lover, 1618 Travel took us to places that would please either palette. All you have to do is ask, "Where do you like to eat." Even better, if you're not on a time restraint, then stop by a place more in-land with a Greek name. MOST places have menus in English and Greek.

1618 Travel made our trip comfortable, relaxing, adventurous and truly amazing. We woke up one day at 4:30am just to see a sunrise in Elounda, Crete. The most beautiful sunrise you will ever see! I am NOT a morning person, but even I have to admit, I was in my bliss! My boyfriend and I vowed to return one day. Which will definitely be within the next year or two.

Anyone who wants their money to go a long way AND wants a company that goes the extra mile- use this one. 1618 Travel has wonderful tour guides and fantastic drivers. The owner himself, goes out of his way to make sure you, the client, are completely satisfied and happy with your trip.

I highly recommend 1618 Travel. Mind-blowing excursions.

(Sidenote about Crete: I suggest learning some Greek, as you would be surprised how many extras you will get from your trip. By "extras" I mean from local vendors tend to be more hospitable towards people who take the time to learn their language and cultural customs.)

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Mac R
Reviewed May 10, 2017

We were given a very personabnle treatment in advance of the booking and on the day the hire began. So great to meet the owner, Yannis and Eri. Our driver was superb. Not only an excellent driver, but a wonderful companion for the next ten days. seldom have I been driven by such a warm, intelligent driver. He gets 10 stars. We were puzzled why the agency gave us such a huge bus when we had specified a mini/midi bus.

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank 789rufusr
See more reviews
Reviewed March 10, 2017

Oh, Joanna! I am so glad to find you finally here! I’d lost the card you gave us so couldn’t write a feedback about an amazing tour we had done with you!
After the cruise we had last year think to visit Greece again for long stay. And these thoughts bring us back to you and the impression we had from the tour by you.
After a crowd loud disembarkation on Crete Island we suddenly found ourselves in guided calmness of your bus. And that was a great start! History, myths, modern social life were so miraculously and logically certain so we couldn’t imagine it that much related. Your care and friendliness, breadth of mind and desire to share fascinated us!
Thank you, Joanna! And will see you again this year!

Mary Jones, Philadelphia

Date of experience: September 2016
Yiannis F, Ιδιοκτήτης at Travel Crete Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2017

Thank you so much Mary for your review. Warm regards.