“The perfect dinner”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

It the perfect place to taste a mexican cousine all over Greece ! The plates was delicius, the stuff was polite and full profesionalls !! I strongly recoment everybody to taste the plates !!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We went here because after 2 weeks in Crete, we wanted something other than greek or italian (de facto cuisines here).

The food is a good "Greek-Mex" hybrid, but I wouldn't say it's authentically mexican. Salsa (or what passes for it) leaves much to be desired. The fajita was flavorful and a good portion, though strangely, no sliced tomatoes accompanied it.

In fact, what struck me as odd are the ingredients extremely common here left off the plate...which brings me to the Sangria. We were excited to have some after a summer without. For those who don't know, it's made with wine as a base, and it's supposed to have a sweet, but also a refreshing sour character with copious amounts of lemon, lime and orange. These fruits are common on the island and I thought this would be awesome, fresh sangria. Instead, they mixed wine and some other booze with lots of sugar and added slices of bland apple. It was so gross, we sent it back which is something we've never done! I told them to google a proper recipe, so it's possible that they may fix this. I would strongly suggest asking whether there are citrus fruits in it before ordering. It's baffling that they don't put in these fruits, so critical to a good sangria.

Again, the food was good and a welcome change for us. I'd love to give it a higher rating, but if you call yourself "The Mexican" you really should be more mexican. They should start with the sangria, and end with some good recipes for salsa to accompany dishes. Note to restaurant...it's called "salsa", not "spicy tomato sauce".

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I will start off saying my boyfriend and I loved the food. Very tastey. I have been to Mexico and southern states and have tried the Mexican and I am NEVER satisfied by it. This has to be in the top 2 Mexican places I have ever been to. I had the tostadas and my boyfriend the quesadillas (con carne). The music in there could use with a bit better Latin/Mexican influence (I am pretty sure a lot of the songs were redone by no name artists) we went around lunch so that could be part of the atmosphere issue. I had the sangria which is fantastic. If you have eaten here and did not enjoy your meal you probably ordered the wrong thing. Mexican food is not about plain chicken.. It's about the flavours in their beef and the spice with tortillas whether soft, pan fried or deep fried for chips and taco bowls/shells. Try anything "con carne" and you should leave satisfied. Wish we had more time here so we could go back!!

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We were a little concerned after the mixed reviews, but we were happy we visited this Mexican in the centre of Heraklion. The menu had what we would expect from a Mexican - Enchiladas, Burritos, Fajitas etc with combo platters adding to the mix. The starters we had - Chilli Rellenos - were very tasty and the Enchilladas for main came with rice and sweetcorn - not quite what you would expect, but it was very nice. The Sangria was cheap and went down well. Service was without fault.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

... but that doesn't mean much because it might as well be the only one! There have been some others from time to time but they were either not that impressive - their flavors were borderline traditional *Greek* rather than the ethnicity customers go through their doors for, and the quality average.

But as for the Mexican? It's good. The staff is friendly and the menu, while not too extensive, offers a bit of a choice for everyone. I've dined there a few times and never left anything but satisfied with both the service and the flavors I tasted.

The sangria is good, too; in fact my wife insists that we go there specifically for it from time to time. The side dishes are interesting and compliment the main courses well.

Prices are a little high but nothing extraordinary - lower, in fact, when compared to other exotic (?) cousines to be found elsewhere in the city. There's even a delivery service for those who prefer to eat at home.

All in all if you've a craving for mexican food, this is a decent place to go.