See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Very quick stop after landing late. Made the mistake of booking for 3 nights, not clever! Ok if your budgeting and floating around, very basic, very noisy and not particularly clean. Local area for locals, beach, tavernas etc within walking distance. In essence just ok for a start!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank robo3200
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Basic hotel which fulfilled a need. We stayed for three nights "for orientation purposes" as it is our first visit to the island. We needn't have done this - two nights would have been enough.
Strange set-up in the room (we were in) - cupboards (and no contents), a cooker-hood (with no cooker) and a kitchen sink (with nothing to wash in it) - go figure! Blazing argument (witnessed!) as we were checking out about the cleanliness of the pool but we didn't use this facility so have no comment

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2017

Instant feeling of proud Greek family in maritime photos,family place ,receptionist was so funny. I did come by boat from Naxos, found place by asking people and is 30min walking from Iraklion city cente, or under 10 min by bus 1 or bus 10 . Thanks Ante

Room tip: reception will help any of your needs
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank druidwicklow
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Reading some other reviews and seeing some of the photos, I'm wondering if we are talking about the same place?! Maybe I got the wrong room (worst room) and caught a bad night/day... Here is my experience. I flew on a tiring overnight flight from 1am till 5am. Got my hire car and drove over two hours to the hotel getting there around 10am. They didn't acknowledge me for sometime (as their check in starts at 12:00 midday). They saw how tired I was but didn't seem to make any difference. Two hours later I was offered a single room which was ready, rather than wait longer (?!) for the room I booked! I declined and at 12:45 I was shown to my room. It was a dark, dingy room with little natural light / Windows. The mattresses were old and saggy, far too soft for my back. The toilet / shower was tiny and had no curtain, so showering meant you ended up with a small paddling pool on the floor. Two tiny pieces of soap was all they had available. There was no TV. No working fridge. No running water in the kitchenette. The worst thing though was there was absolutely no sound insulation from adjacent rooms. I was woken up by shouting / slamming doors twice. On the second time I tried to put the light on to realise there was no electricity!! The power cut lasted about 15 minutes. That meant no air conditioning. There was another powercut in the morning! I was so tired when I got there, and my stay there meant I left just as tired! Maybe I was just unlucky...

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

PROS:
* I have booked a room for 5 days from airtickets.gr and I found a pretty good deal for the room and the tickets. It was more than fine for what I needed.
* I practically stayed there just to sleep and the room was also fine and clean.
* It's located in a great area, which is very practical in order for someone to go to the city centre with a bus. The bus station is located very close to the hotel and you can take any bus to go downtown or even to the airport. It's also pretty quiet there.
* Also, there is a wonderful beach located almost next to the hotel and I was able to go there anytime even by just walking there.
*** Despite the fact that I have seen peculiar reviews about the staff I have met all of them and especially the male young owner (?) who was INCREDIBLY kind, friendly, and discreet. By the way they DO speak English and from what I have heard I guess they can communicate just fine with their customers. (!!!)
* The room was O.K. and the cleaning lady didn't bother us. She was bringing us clean towels when we needed them and emptying the small garbage bins we had in the room.

ALTHOUGH

CONS:
* The hotel is pretty much renovated but the rooms seem a bit old with walls with stone texture. (Although this didn't bother be but it might bother other people.)
* If I haven't called two days earlier just to check if they had seen my reservation I think I might had a problem. They haven't seen it because they "cooperate with many booking sites". NEVERTHELESS when I called the "problem" was solved within minutes. SO, BEFORE YOU GO for the best facilitation MAKE SURE that you have called them at least two days before you go to check on your reservation.
* The main facilities and provisions of the hotel are not something "great". As I have mentioned before this is a fine place to relax and sleep at night.
* I guess I also had a problem with the water in the shower. The first two days the water was barely running from the shower and it was pretty cold. ALTHOUGH before I even mention it it was already fixed. The water was not "hot" but it was fine.
* The bathroom - at least in the room that I was staying - was a little bit small.
* The beds are a bit "fragile", so be careful. Nothing happened to me but I saw that the wooden boards of the bed are very fragile.

TO SUM UP:

* It's a nice hotel. Do not expect much but it's pretty fine if you are planning on JUST sleeping there.
* Pretty clean.