We have just returned from Prince of Lillies and could not have asked for anything better. The rooms are perfectly adequate and are cleaned every day with towels and beds changed every other day. Manos, his wife Freedom and the Receptionist Erli are absolutely brilliant and cannot do enough for you. Manos has a great sense of humour and teases you whenever he can. The hotel dog Lillie is a gem and had 4 puppies with her and they were adorable. The swimming pool and gardens were lovely (although didnt venture in the pool as too cold this time of year) but would be smashing in height of summer. Weather was not too good for 3 days with torrential rain and thunder but you dont have to venture out of the hotel if you dont need to and can stay dry. The food in the restaurant is good and we didnt have a bad meal there all week. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. There was a bit of noise from the planes overhead on a regular basis but you do get used to them and didnt really bother us at all. The only thing I would moan about is that no one seems to shut doors quietly and there was a lot of banging of doors through the day and night but that is not the hotel's fault, just inconsiderate guests!
Try Olga's across the road for a cooked breakfast if that is what you like, more than enough food and reasonably priced and they are a lovely couple who make you feel really welcome. First impressions dont look too good but ignore that and go in for a meal, you wont be disappointed.
Not a lot to do on the main strip outside the hotel. There is a lovely cake shop across the road so do give them a try, we did every day! There is a bus outside the hotel which goes into town every hour. We went into Heraklion but wasnt impressed with that but other people went into Hersonissis and they recommended that to us for your shopping, presents, duty frees etc so we would try that next time.
Would definitely go back to Prince of Lillies.
Steve and Cheryl
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smart family run hotel near Heraklion (10 minutes from the airport). Pool, two bars and restaurant. 200m from beach. Local shops. A very quiet hotel. Car hire and local horse riding. 3*** official rating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Prince Of Lillies reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Of Lillies Hotel Heraklion
- Prince Of Lillies Heraklion
- Prince Of Lillies Crete/Heraklion