“Well placed near Heraklion”
Review of Prince Of Lillies

Prince Of Lillies
Ranked #30 of 58 Hotels in Heraklion
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Well placed near Heraklion”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at the Prince of Lilies for one night before catching the plane back to Athens. It is a 10 minute drive west to the airport and is easily found being on a main road. The hotel was very quiet being the end of the season. We liked the layout of the hotel and the room was fine. The beach is a 5 minute walk though the part nearest the hotel was uninviting. Walk half a mile east to a much better beach. The beach looks north out on to the flight path of planes landing/taking off at Heraklion Airport. We would probably never stay more than one night here - the attraction of the south coast is too great a pull to want to spend time in the Heraklion area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Eros

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We stayed for one week and spent most evenings in the hotel which was always quiet and clean. The staff were very friendly and did everything they could to make us welcome and comfortable during our stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank LJAndrews
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I really injoyed my stay at this hotel .Staff are friendly and very helpfull. In my opinion should be rated 4 star

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank adrian66_11
Plakias, Greece
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I stayed for one night in January 2011, I had a fllight which arrived late in the evening and I wanted somewhere close to the airport. It's less than 10 minutes away, in a small village outside the capital. The reception is open 24/7, although practically there's a notice on the front door saying 'Phone ... if the door is closed'. I arrived at about 2300, and the place was humming. I had no problem getting a beer and a snack, the people in the bar were friendly without being pushy (always a relief for a solo woman traveller). The room was fine, clean bathroom, large balcony, and a fridge. I'd read a review which said that the pillows were hard (a common problem in Crete), but I had space in my suitcase so took my own. The only other gripe is that the airconditioning (heating in my case) went off every time I left the room - the key was on the same fob as the electricity card. I suppose I should have taken it off.
Breakfast was fine, a buffet with ham, cheese, cereals, croissants, a choice of fruit juices and tea or coffee. It can be taken either indide, on a terrace, or under the trees on the lawn. There were only about 5 guests, I'm sure there'd be an even wider choice in the season.
The staff were friendly, there's a swimming pool, and a 200m path down to the beach. I didn't use it, but it seems great if one had children in the group - no roads to cross.
I got a really good deal pricewise, and would recommend it as either a stopover, or for a family holiday.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Cretamania
norton
Reviewed January 27, 2011

have been to this hotel 2 times in the last 6 months and nothing changes except for stranged things going on with the natives of the island in this hotel.I think the rooms are beeing used for pleasure things.I will not use this hotel again and would never recommend it to any of my friends or family.If you stay at this hotel its up to you .

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank lidbin
ManosSaridakis, Owner at Prince Of Lillies, responded to this review, February 6, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam
It’s your right not to like a place or not to recommend us to your family and friends but really I did not understand what was you complain.
Prince of Lillies is a family own and run hotel. I and my family run this business since 2008 and we almost know all guests by the first name, and specially the repeated guests. If you were here in January we will remember you as it’s off season and there just few guest in the hotel in daily basis. So if you where there and you had any kind of complain we would have handle it right away as we are always value our guest and our motto is that holiday are “holy days”

Travelers are raving about these Heraklion hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2010

This is not a fancy hotel, but it is clean, quiet, has an exccellent restaurant, and is unbelievable value for money . The day shift desk staff are informed and supportive, and though it is not centrally located, it is in close proximity to both the docks and the airport, making it a perfect transit hotel. The only complaint we had was with their pillows. If you stay there, you will know what i mean.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JimmyPo
san antonio
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Prince of Lillies is a reasonably priced, clean hotel with a friendly helpful staff. Breakfast is included and wifi internet. Nice pool area. The restaurant makes good pizza i n a wood burning oven. The only drawback is taking the bus into town, we were there off season so the bus did not run frequently and we spent too much time waiting for the bus.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple