“I can't believe this is 9 on tripadvisor.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Agapi Beach Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Agapi Beach Hotel
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Heraklion
San Francisco
“I can't believe this is 9 on tripadvisor.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Where do I begin, customer service not sure if it exists. Wifi does not exist at all. It's a ridiculous system I cant believe it's 2012. The only reason for two stars is its all inclusive so you can eat the food. I am all for international clientele, but this is 95 percent Russian. I wish I did not understand Russian because of all the "don't pee in the pool" comments, I rather not hear. To say the least that I have two kids in that pool. I just feel bad for the people that are employed here because they truly work really hard. This is a bad version of the lowest Club Med with the added dubbed show at the end of every night,that can't seem to start on time. Also the rooms smell like cigarettes, come on at least get a normal filtration system. This is second hand smoke at its best.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank InaSF

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

The Agapi Beach Hotel is a very attractive and nicely laid out resort, though you would never guess this upon your arrival. The front of the hotel is located just off an average looking main street where there are mostly souvenir shops and the odd restaurant. Once you walk through the lobby of hotel and then out the other side of the main building, however, it’s a different story.

The Amoudara Beach just behind the hotel, is situated in a rustic setting which has a unique beauty of its own. The sand was a little grainy with many small pebbles along the shore line. It was interesting to see the contrast of snow-capped mountains in the distance when I would walk along the beach away from the resort and glance back. As for the water, it was clean and perfect for a nice invigorating swim (albeit slightly chilly in May). I was pleased to find that that there were always enough lounge chairs and palapas for hotel guests.

A word of advice for those people who like to take long walks along the beach and shore line. I would recommend bringing a pair of beach shoes since the further you would get from from the hotel, the more pebbles would appear along the shore line. Also parts of the beach away from the hotel, were not exactly well groomed and there were twigs and other things on the beach that I wouldn’t want to walk on with bare feet.

I stayed for two days at Agapi Beach in order to relax and get over my jet-lag before embarking on the rest of my trip to Greece and other parts of Europe.
My room was located in the main building and had a balcony which overlooked the pretty resort and sea in the near distance. I had no complaints about the room or bathroom on-suite which happily, had a very good hair dryer.

Though the Agapi Beach Hotel is a very nice resort, this is not a place I would recommend for solo travelers unless they are staying on a short-term basis as I did. The hotel guests were mostly made up of couples (of all ages) and families, the majority of whom came from Russia as well as Germany to a lesser degree. As a result, English was not widely spoken and not all hotel clerks at the reception desk understood or spoke spoke English very well. This didn’t bother me very much since I was only there for a short period & all my needs were basically met.

Finally, what impressed me the most about this all-inclusive hotel, was the wide variety of food that was offered for all the buffet-style meals. I was also impressed with the hard working staff who were responsible for preparing all the dishes as well as the servers who ran around like crazy replacing the food and clearing tables. There was so much variety that I always found something I liked to eat.

The only negative thing I could think of was that there was no free Wi-Fi at this hotel. That said, it was difficult to complain about this, given that in every other aspect, you got excellent value for your money at this resort.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CanadaPipa1
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Mostly good hotel equal to 4 stars and price, however with minor lacks.

1) Hotel definitely need to be renovated in lobby, Main Bar zone and in rooms. My advise to thing also about decorations, presently it is not impressive
2) In June hotel was overcrowded. There were lines to restaurant in the evening and no sun beds on the beach after 10 am. One more thing for management to take care about life space increasing.
3) The good suggestion could be to give free WiFi access - now it is 30 euro per week

Food was good, service is ok, except some waiters in the main restaurant which could be more polite. Hotel has good General Manager which I was able to give directly my opinion and he immediately took them in to account - moreover some of my advises were come in to the life of the hotel next day. Thx for professionalism of this management - the rest of my holiday were much pleasant than beginning.

Room Tip: Thing about 3rd 4th floor left wing with sea view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ASKtravel
North East UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

We were there end of May beginning of June. The accommodation was well maintained and beautiful. Service was good to outstanding, food was outstanding. Entertainment was usual hotel level but these people worked their socks off, just that as it was beginning of season they were just getting used to the routines. Hotel had a disco after the show with plenty of boom boom music for the under 25s. As for the rest of us ..................nothing. They have the perfect area for a piano bar dance each evening but don't use it and their pianist was very good but did not play dance music so not much to do on the evening unless you play cards. Also you were charged if you wanted to use the jacuzzi or sauna err what happened to ALL in all inclusive??

Room Tip: our upstairs suite in the detached accommodations was perfect for us
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dunworkinow
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

We were in Agapi Beach for 1 week all inclusive, at the end of May, in a double room with sea view. We are a couple, around 40.

Positive:

The Hotel is very well located (20 min from Airport, 20 min and 1.5€ bus from Heraklion).
Our room was very clean and the service in general was really good. All the staff was kind and helpful. They spoke English, German and other languages.
The hotel has a very nice garden, 1 big pool, 2 smaller ones and a clean beach.
We found a variety of good food from breakfast to dinner. All drinks were free, all the day. Also the ice-cream. We could not ask for more. :-)
The animation team was great. They offered a lot of activities in the day and even theater shows in the evening.
However, if you just want to relax and lay down on the beach they will not bother you at all.
Just to tell you how good the service was, on the last day we had the room until 12 and the bus to the airport at 15:40. The receptionists checked and, as there were no guests expected in our room until 17, we could use it until 15:00 and even have lunch (all inclusive until the end). We were positively surprised.
The weather was sunny, but in this time of the year a little windy.

Not really positive:

Few words.
At the end of May, the average age of people was about 60, we would say, mainly Germans and Russians; this had the consequence that if you wanted a place near the big pool you had to be there to lay your towel not later than 9:00.... For the beach, no problem at any time.
For night-life, you have to go to Heraklion or maybe come in a higher season.
WLAN: 3€ for 30 min, 4€ for 1h, 8€ for 3h, 30€ for 1 week. Quite expensive but worked very well (no problem with Skype). In our room (3rd floor) signal was between poor and good, in the ground floor was excellent.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EarlyLittleBird
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

The suite accommodation and surroundings were excellent. Having never experienced an all inclusive holiday before, I found the whole package superb. The cuisine during all dining hours were of the finest quality, numerous choices, delicious recipes and freshly prepared/served (no evidence of frozen or microwave use!) The bars and restaurant drink variety and service are to be commended. The Animation Team worked hard, always with a smile, and provided a variety of entertainment. Although myself and friend appeared to be the only English during our stay, the atmosphere and friendliness throughout was very good. My friend who was wheelchair bound was treated with the utmost respect by both guests and staff which helped to make her feel so comfortable. The receptionists went the extra mile for us and were so very helpful. So impressed, I'm considering returning in September.

Room Tip: Ground floor deluxe suites have 2 patio areas - one from bedroom and one from living area. Surround...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Margaret1947
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed at the hotel and absoloutely loved it. The hotel staff are friendly and pleasant. It was my 24th b/day and the hotel manager and the staff went out of there way, arranged through my family who couldn't be with me to make it very special. We are looking to go back again next year, this time with my family. The views from our hotel were lovely, the rooms clean. Food was great every night. They have different themes and some meals are still catered for those who like there pasta's, chips, and aren't looking to try out anything else. The Tzatsiki was our favourite. So was the Greek evening. Our Barman though absoloutely made our entire trip his name was Kostas. The animation team are friendly are do a great job trying to involve everyone with shows and fun throughout the day and evening. I would highely recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
7 Thank AlexMilanAc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heraklion
Creta Maris Beach Resort
#5 of 57 in Heraklion
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,626 reviews
Stella Palace Resort & Spa
Knossos Beach Bungalows & Suites

Been to Agapi Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!