1,216 results
All reviews comfort room breakfast and dinner excellent hotel harbour view star hotel rooftop pool coffee machine big variety perfect location nice stay hotel staff mini bar family room archaeological museum city centre executive room the bus
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for 3 nights and were able to walk to the pedestrian area for dinner each night. It was near the waterfront and the wonderful archaeological museum and also the bus tour stop near the museum.
Of course, it had all the modern conveniences and a wonderful breakfast with a good selection. The staff were very gracious and helpful when I needed to contact the ferry to find a lost item...thank you!

Room tip: Ask for a harbor view room!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at AQUILA Atlantis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest

We are delighted to know that you had such a wonderful holiday and we thank you very much for choosing the Aquila Atlantis Hotel.

I am very pleased that our hotel fulfilled all of your holiday needs. Your positive comments have been shared with the whole of my team. We are always very appreciative of all feedback we receive and thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

Thank you once again for choosing the Aquila Atlantis Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel has everything going for it: it's close to the harbour (my wife and I walked over from the ferry with our bags with no problem); it's close to the old town (a seven minute walk to the centre of town); wonderful facilities; excellent service; caring and professional staff; quiet; it's located very near the Archaelogical Museum as well as the bus station; and with very nice views. The breakfast offered is great, and the surroundings are very comfortable. It's got everything going for it - location, amenities, room quality and service. We would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Heraklion.

Room tip: We had a harbour view room, which was very nice
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at AQUILA Atlantis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Atlantis Hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review.

We are delighted that you felt so at home in our hotel and that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday. My team will be delighted to know that they exceeded your expectations in every way and I am sure they would wish for me to thank you personally for your kind comments on their behalf.

It was our great pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed May 26, 2019

Less than 24hr stay for business. Easy accessed via cab. Close to interesting part of city centre

Got there around 22:00 & first impression was that the staff was making the whole foundation important. Energized, to the point, felt that they really had it & that they "owned space" in there (you can spot the polarities in this). Helped me with some late-night freshening up of garments & provided with essential accessories.

Facilities now. Had a back view room, which by default, did not add up to my experiential experience of living there. Even so, the room felt spacious (while not) & cosy, i liked being there. I'm a sucker for walk-in showers with rain shower & i had one in my little back-view room, so i appreciated it, roomy & good quality materials. Two wc ventilators were not working, so steam pilled up, fair enough, a foggy effect is always interesting.. TV had no signal, could not fix it, staff were ready to come up, but i thanked them, since it was not important for me at 24:00+ .

Now, curious for breakfast, when i got there, i had a feeling of not wanting to sit at the restaurant. The design was dark, stuffed somewhere in a corner of the building, not welcoming to sit, relax & experience any-kind of meal. So i did not, i walked around the tables, got a look at the breakfast buffet and left. Could not connect with food, tastes, relaxing, tasting etc. Staff were there present & helpful, while we were preparing something in the next conference room, made good coffee & buffet.

Had quick lunch in the bar, which was good. Sitting in the spacious, sunny bar, had a nice feeling and appreciated an average but overall good bites.

To sum up, choices for stay are many around the place. According to price comparison, i would stay there again, cause human capital won me over, the location & overall experience of stay.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
General M, General Manager at AQUILA Atlantis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Atlantis Hotel for your stay and for taking the time to provide us with such a positive review.

I am pleased to hear that there were clearly so many aspects of our hotel which you enjoyed and that overall you had a pleasant stay.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed May 24, 2019

This hotel is part of a chain. The rooms are fine, the breakfast is good, the charm is non-existent. It is well-located near the center of Heraklion, and it is teeming with tourists, often large groups.

Date of stay: May 2019
General M, General Manager at AQUILA Atlantis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Atlantis Hotel for your stay in Crete and for providing us with your review.

It is encouraging that overall you were pleased with your stay. We are always very appreciative of all feedback we receive and thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and we look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for one night in order to catch our early morning ferry to Naxos. The customer service was excellent. Unfortunately the room was so hot and the thermostat in our room didn’t work so we had a very bad sleep.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at AQUILA Atlantis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Atlantis Hotel and for providing us with your review.

I am delighted that you were pleased with your stay. I know that my team will feel extremely proud to learn that you appreciated their services.

I would however like to apologise that you experienced problems with certain aspects of your room. I am confident that our staff would have attempted to resolve the matters for you once made aware.