We booked this hotel for the first two nights of our holiday in spite of reading one or two negative comments. When we arrived we were very pleasantly surprised. This place is based on a traditional Cretan village with all the slight imperfections you would expect to find in such a place. Yes, there are weeds growing in some of the flower beds and the doors & windows rattle in the wind and there are a few cracked paving stones but what would you expect in a real village? We were there on a Wednesday night for the weekly Cretan evening with Cretan music and dancers, 25 Euros for a huge meal and as much wine as you could drink!
We enjoyed the place so much that when were halfway through out trip round Crete and found we were slightly ahead of ourselves, we booked another two nights at the end of the holiday.
Staff were all friendly and helpful and we were treated as welcome guests, not simply as room occupants. Food in the taverna was superb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village is really a very special case. It is a hotel at the form of an old village of Crete. Constructed at the form of an old village it travels us back to the past times. The rooms are very standard but with the necessary services. There is a magnificent swimming pool with a breathtaking view over the city of Heraklion and the valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village Hotel Heraklion
- Arolithos Hotel Heraklion
- Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village Crete/Heraklion