We loved this place. We were two adult brother and sister and two adult nieces. We saved it for the end of an 18 trip that included Athens, Milos, and Istanbul. Boy were we sick of Greek food by then however Arolithos cheered our weary travel spirits. We had already enjoyed our family traditional home in Tripiti on Milos so were so pleased to find that Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village was just as authentic as the real deal. The sound of sheep grazing was a real kick....the little bells around their necks...the views were spectacular..a patchwork quilt of grapevine and olive orchards..that was really unexpected. At first we were disappointed that we were not by the sea, but immediately forgot as we looked out from our terrace at the view. The little shops opened even though it was Easter to our delight. We met the artists there and so enjoyed the musicians during out long late dinners. These were "H parea tou Yakinthou" and were delightful. The only true disappointment was the time of year. The pool was empty, some outdoor things were covered in ugly tarps and the place seemed rather deserted however, that was great for us as it was a peaceful retreat at the end of a long trip. We received helpful information for our visit to Knossos that saved us some trouble on our arrival there. I would go again but later in the spring or early summer in order to fully benefit from the great work Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village has done to pull together a wonderful local experience for the weary traveler. Oh...the beds...oddly, all the beds we slept in on our trip in all the hotels were hard, but we slept like babes somehow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village is really a very special case. It is a hotel at the form of an old village of Crete. Constructed at the form of an old village it travels us back to the past times. The rooms are very standard but with the necessary services. There is a magnificent swimming pool with a breathtaking view over the city of Heraklion and the valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelPower, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village Hotel Heraklion
- Arolithos Hotel Heraklion
- Arolithos Traditional Cretan Village Crete/Heraklion