“good posotion but nothing special”
Review of Hotel Olympic

Hotel Olympic
Ranked #24 of 58 Hotels in Heraklion
Milan, Italy
“good posotion but nothing special”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

the hotel is perfectly located exactly in the centre of Heraklio, everything is walking distance. The best rooms are in the front side facing the square, all with balconies but too noisy because of the traffic; the others on the back side are terribles: very small with even a smaller balcony and noisy as well since they are face the Street as well; the inside ones are better, biggers but no balcony at all. The cleaning is minimum, we stay a week and they never change us the sheets, just the towels (every day) and never clean properly the floor. Considering the prices are a bit too expensive for what the rooms offer but I defenetly recommend the hotel if you want to be good located.

Room Tip: rooms that face the square in the highest floors to not be disturb by the traffic
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Αθήνα, Ελλάδα
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Location is perfect... at a walking distance you have everything you need... it is clean and the staff is ok... but for the rest everything is so basic... perhaps I had my worst breakfast I ever had in a hotel like this... the poorest and the worse quality in everything from the something that looked like cheese to something that looked like ham... I will absolutely never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Evdokimust
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Olymipc hotel is very well situated near to the heart of Iraklion. It is a short walk to the main town square, archeological museum and the bus to Knossos. There are a lot of good value restaurants, cafes and and tavernas nearby and the main market street is nearby.

The room was large, cool and spotlessly clean and the air-conditioning ran quietly.. The staff were helpful and spoke excellent english.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There is at least one room with a balcony. Ask for when booking.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Travelling on my own, I stayed here one night on Saturday, 24th A ugust. The room was clean. Traffic noise disturbed my sleep, a little, ands the breakfast was indifferent, to say the least. However, I wonder if anyone else has concerns over missing items? About 10.15pm, I went out for a meal for about 2 hours. Unusually for me, I left a £20 note in the front of my hand luggage (my only luggage) and I think I left my watch. Then and breakfast time were the only times the case was left unattended until I reached my family's rented villa.
Thankfully, I had not left anything of real value in my room.
It wasn't until a week later when I returned to Heraklion that I realised the items were missing. I stayed at another hotel, but checked at reception to see if my watch had been handed in. I didn't pursue the issue because I had no-one with me to corroborate my story; however, a niggle of doubt remains and this is why I ask if anyone else had a similar experience.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gooseberry46
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was an one day business visit to Heraklion so I had to stay in a centrally located hotel.
An advantage is the taxi rank 24/7 and the shopping area which are next door. I only paid E 65 ( I booked it the day before) which is quite reasonable if you consider the time of the year 31/8 to 1/9. The room (304) is rather small, but the breakfast is rather big and the reception service is quite helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and keep the window closed in high season to ensure quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel looked great.Good location, attractive ground floor, good elevator.
I'm a smiley, happy person & usually make friends as I travel. Not one staff member smiled at me in 4 days. I got no sign of recognition at any stage of dropping & picking up key.
I asked for a power converter plug, and the guy answered "No." I followed up with "Really?", & he told me to go to the supermarket somewhere nearby (& closed for the weekend!) to buy one.
Later I phoned Reception to report that my TV was switching itself on & off. The woman replied "Is that all?" An hour later she came to the room to give me a lesson on how to use a remote control!!
Breakfast was just OK, but I don't know why they needed a security guard dressed as a waiter standing over the buffet table in a threatening manner. The coffee was appalling.
The room was clean, no toiletries, inadequate curtains (unless you enjoy seeing sunrise every day), air-con locked to a pre-set I found too cold.
I wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CarmelLeonard

Travelers are raving about these Heraklion hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here at the start of our trip to Crete touring around on our own. Its location was really good as it was convenient to get here from the airport. We took a taxi but the Airport bus also goes through the square in front of the hotel. Great location for sightseeing too. A short walk to the Archaeological museum. Again the bus for Knossos also goes by the hotel. It was a short walk from an area of bars and restaurants which was really busy with locals.

The hotel was very clean and the buffet breakfast was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heraklion
Marilisa Hotel
#14 of 175 in Rethymnon
Oasis Hotel
Oasis Hotel
#5 of 8 in Skaleta

Been to Hotel Olympic? Share your experiences!