“Amazing little italian bistro”
Review of Bistro La Boheme - CLOSED

Bistro La Boheme
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Me and my business partner, created this bistro, according 3 factors:quality, aesthetics and quality. We try keep prices as low as we can even that creates us some other problems..... We are a small bistro that can provide food services up to 18-20 people at same time but only after a reservation.Normaly we can serve 15-16 same time...We use a high quality certified organic extra virgin olive oil that we also produce..I mention that as we use olive oil in most of our dishes..Please feel free to contact us for any further information you want... Thank YouAlex
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Tiny little bistro, only has like 5 tables. We went in for lunch, and the owner/cook woman was so unbelievably friendly and talked with us about coming from Italy and all the food she makes. The menu at lunch (may be different at dinner) was small (a few salad options, some bruschettea options and two daily pastas). We shared a buffalo mozzarella and tomato salad (the cheese was amazing), a speck brie and arugula bruschetta (and she made half of them with a spicy pastrami instead of the speck to give us some variety) and a daily pasta which was penne with mushrooms and italian sausage in a cream sauce, which was unbelivably flavorful for how simple it was. We finished with a tiramisu, which I normally dont like, but was very well done. Would recommend this to anyone who wants to change thingsup from the tavernas and get something different.

1  Thank Orshatt

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Of the various places I dined in Heraklion this was my favorite. Everything was made from scratch with great ingredients. The pasta was perfect, and the tiramisu rich and delicious. This restaurant is very close to the Lato Hotel where I stayed during my visit to the city. Eat here and you will not regret it!

1  Thank matthew-vilnius
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Traditional Italian food with exceptionally good dishes!
A bit small on the portions but best quality!

1  Thank Gre1428
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Bistro La Boheme is tucked away in central Heraklion on the corner of Idomeneos and Epimenidou. Their menu includes a delicious selection of bruschetta with prociutto & mozzarella, tomato, herbs and porcini mushrooms. Their pasta dishes made with sweet Greek tomatoes and onions are out of this world. A salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet bell peppers, mushrooms, egg, etc. is a meal in itself. The couple, an Italian woman married to a Greek, are delightful, the service is excellent.

1  Thank juliesevas
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Traveling in Crete for 9 days, our final night I found a recommendation on tripadvisor. La Boheme, which is right near our hotel. The best pasta I have had, in or out of Italy. An Italian born woman and her Greek husband run this small bistro. Very low key, local customers seem to come for the bruschetta. But let me tell you, the homemade tortelloni I had tonight rivals Lidia Bastianich. In my home town, NYC, this place would be jammed with foodies.