“Exploring Greek beauties”

and up
Ancient Palace of Knossos Tour
Ranked #24 of 97 things to do in Heraklion
More attraction details
Owner description: These labyrinthine ruins are said to have been home to the monstrous Minotaur, a half-man half-bull creature that devoured young virgins.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

When I was in Greece, particularly on Crete, I could not miss the chance to visit The Palace of Knossos. It is the part of the ancient history and I was very interested in its current appearance. So when my friends told me we are going to go there I was excited. We had to go there very early because of the hot weather and the crowds. We arrived there at cca 8 o´clock in the morning. There was only small queue, thank God. The tour took us almost 3 hours but it was worth it. The palace is huge with a beautiful paintings. By the time we were finished and we were leaving there was a huge line and peopple were waiting there for almost an hour to get inside. Also the weather got really hot. So if you want to explore the beauties of the Knossos I advise you to go there in the morning.

1  Thank sunflower1389
Write a ReviewReviews (9,833)
All reviews
in 605 reviews
"palace"
in 1,329 reviews

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We visited in March, so the weather was great, but I can see how it could get hot in the summertime. There is very little shade. We did not get a guide, but enjoyed walking through the side. We found the posted signs to be informative enough to get the gist, and since it was off-season, it was quiet and not crowded.
The small gift shop didn't have much, but there is a snack bar with decent sandwiches, juices, and and lovely patio for lunch.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Not a good idea to go midday as there is no respite from the 40 degree sun. But quite interesting. The Dolphin mural in the Queen's bedroom was beautiful. We went on the local bus ourselves and the to the Museum where all the artefacts are. Small museum but interesting.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were looking forward to seeing the ruins at Knossos but the painted concrete that has replaced some the ruins is very disappointing. Go to some of the other genuine ruins, who will enjoy it more. I know they are only trying to encourage parties so that they can teach us about the Minoans but overall we found it disappointing.