“A family hotel run with obvious pride.”
Review of Iraklion Hotel

Iraklion Hotel
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Heraklion
Vail, Colorado
“A family hotel run with obvious pride.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We spent four nights at the Iraklion, The room was large and clean, the staff invariably friendly and helpful. Zacarias, the owner, runs his hotel with pride and instills his staff with it as well. It is about 10 easy minutes to the main shopping street with many restaurants, bars and shopping. Google maps shows it in a different location, much closer to the port, so use the physical address to find it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Seattle
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family and I stayed here overnight on our visit to Crete and had a very pleasant stay. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They had great recommendations for local restaurants and how to navigate the city. It's in a wonderfully convenient location, very walkable to city center where there are many cafes and shops, and to the water. Clean rooms and fast WiFi. Highly recommended to stay here.

Room Tip: From other reviews we requested a room on upper floor and away from street which made for a quiet st...
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rugsi
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We took the bus from Crete to Iraklion which was an easy and cheap mode of transportation. Upon arriving at the bus station it's about a 10 min walk to the hotel or you can get a cab. This is a simple, clean, business style hotel that is located close to the port and other places in town and restaurants. We picked up our ferry tickets from the office (5 min walk from the hotel). The breakfast is standard and the staff can help you with basic questions. Stayed here in Sept. 2011.

Room Tip: Sea view room is pretty good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Apu D
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I'm travelling around Europe for three months so everything I do and every place I stay has to be in a budget.

I stayed here for five days and it was a simple gem. For the price you got exactly what you paid for, a simple room with a bathroom and television. It has a desk and wardrobe to hang clothes if you want. They were nice enough to put me on the fifth floor in the direction of the ocean so i had a beautiful view from the balcony.

I came by boat from Athens and arrived at the hotel at 6am. Check in isn't until 12pm. They were nice enough to let me take a nap in another room until 12 and then I was able to check into my actual room. It was perfect as I was tired.

Room service is inconsistent. The third day two ladies came pounding at my door asking if I needed room service.. Well at that point I was over it and found the towel cabinet so have been taking my own towels. Then another day someone came storming into my room while I was sleep. No knock no warning. I told her I was fine and didn't need the room service.

Hotel is centrally located. Near the center where all the bars and restaurants are and close enough to walk to the water.

If your just looking for a place to rest your head this is the perfect place.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Dche85
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here for three nights in October 2012. I mistakenly booked the wrong dates through greeka.com. I emailed the hotel and was pleased that they corrected my error promptly. Throughout my stay the service was swift, efficient and friendly. The breakfast buffet (€4 extra charge) was a bargain.
The hotel is on a side street just off a main road but the traffic noise is very moderate for a Greek city. Cleanliness flawless - I'd happily hire their cleaners for my home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JohntheFinn
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was in crete last August and stayed in this hotel for 3nights. The owner is so friendly and speak fluent English. He did chat with us and asked where we were from. On the second day, we requested to change room because we wanted a double bed instead of twin bed, without any hesitation, he changed it for us for free of charge and very efficiently.

Now comes the best part. Upon leaving the hotel, my gf left her accessories which is quite valuable in the room and at that time she has no idea where she left it. So we expect the item to be not found anymore. When we got home, we saw a parcel from the hotel and wala! The owner actually send the item to us despite us not asking if we had left the item in the hotel! What an honest person they are! Gotta love them!

Room Tip: definitely not the one near the elevator
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jolipoli81
tallinn
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Good price, modern rooms, near by bus and fairy stations,and also by town, that was good for us!!!!Was here only 1 night, but if u planning to stay here longer it is no a bad idea i think. Yes, bed and pillows were very comfortable, i think that it is very important moment for good holidays;).

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple