“pasiphae”

Ranked #40 of 58 Hotels in Heraklion
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“pasiphae”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at Paesiphae Hotel during the month of Jan 2013. I was delighted with my sunny room, private balcony and fabulously hot shower! More than anything however, I was especially impressed by the friendly, cheerful and ever helpful staff. Indeed, I will quite miss the people as much as the city itself!

On a practical note, the hotel is a 10 minute walk from the city center, 5 minutes from the port and close to the airport. It is surrounded by cute cafes and little stores. I had a fabulous time in Crete largely thanks to my experience at the Paesiphae Hotel! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Mcgoverne A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Heraklion, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

A very good central hotel in the town of Heraklion. It is very close to the airport, to the harbhour, to the central bus station and of course to the center of the town. I have been to Heraklion to find an appartment because my work sent me to this town.
My experience to this hotel was really perfect! A small hotel with the best enviroment I could imagine! Very friendly and kind staff, always ready to help you in any answer you have. They gave me directions, where to search about a house in the town. The room was always clean, with clean towels and linel and they was always to give you anything you need.When I arrived they welcome me with a fresh bottle of water and with a big smile! The staff was really friendly, I could felt the hospitality, the truth care from their part, always ready to help in any time, to make you laugh, to make you feel comfortable, like home! Totally recomended!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ANGIE E
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I usually don't stay in hotels when I come to Crete, Heraklio, especially but since I had only 9 days and needed to be central I opted for one. I chose Pasiphae based on availability, proximity to city centre and price. I am very happy with this decision. Upon arrival, the owner was very accommodating and helpful to be sure I had all amenities I needed and my room was satisfactory. I had booked a single and was very pleased with the size, per Greek standards in this hotel-range. The room was very clean upon entry and a/c, towels, sheets, soap, body wash, mini-fridge, tv and cupboards for storage all in the room. I had booked this room on this site and needed to extend my reservation 3 more days, a simple email to the hotel and I was able to confirm this. Also, upon check-in I inquired if I could pay with cash versus using my card on file on hotels.com, to save me currency exchange fees and they gladly obliged. I got unpacked and went back to the front desk to ask about laundry and close-by shops, as I hadn't spent extensive time in this neighborhood, Poros, before. The owner told me about their use of a local laundromat, Clean Up, which comes and picks up clothes, launders them and returns them next day for a great price. He told me to simply bring anything I needed cleaned down to reception in a bag with my name and room # inside the bag. There is a nearby small grocery which covers all basic necessities and a larger Spar (Χαλκιαδακις) just a tiny bit farther. There is also a bank, pharmacy, pet store, seamstress and many restaurants within 2 blocks. I was able to use www.deliveryfood.gr to order food directly to my room. They offer breakfast, which I never took advantage of, as well as beverages and a great patio in front. Their free wifi is reliable. On the third day, after raining all day, my room experienced a small leak and they were quick to offer me another room very quickly. There is a bus stop just up the road on the Main Street which can take you many places, the main bus terminal is about 10 min walk away, or it is a 15 min leisurely walk to get to city centre. Other reviewers have mentioned the proximity to the airport, great, but noisy, but if you can find a "quiet" place in Heraklio you're lucky... Overall, I've been VERY pleased and would gladly stay here again on my next trip!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Jenna K
Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I got recommended to stay here by a taxi driver. It was the most expensive place I stayed my entire trip at 35€ per night for a tiny single room with a small bed. The bed was not made and just had a sheet folded on the end, not even a blanket. But the biggest issue I had was the hotel is just a few hundred meters from the end of the airport runway. So you have to put up with jumbo jets taking off and landing every 10 minutes until around midnight. On the good side, the staff were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Dion G

Travelers are raving about these Heraklion hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

My partner and I were robbed of our passports on our final day in Crete, which meant we could not get our flight out of Heraklion. This hotel, rather kindly, were the only hotel in Heraklion that would take us for the night without passports. But despite the kindness of the staff, we had an appalling night's sleep. This hotel is located just south of the airport runway and the noise of departing aircraft kept us up long after 11pm. More than that, the air conditioning unit was old and tired and made horrendeous noises, switching on and off and waking us constantly throughout the night. When we were not woken by the airplanes or the air conditioning, the noise of other guests through the walls and door took over. The bed was big, but the hotel provide you with just one thin sheet to cover yourself- even a blanket would have been better. The bathroom was quite unpleasant, with stains in the shower tray which are directly next to the toilet. There was a tv with bad reception, but they do at least provide free wifi.

We were charged 50 euros for a night in this hotel, and the receptionist gave us wrong directions to the British embassy (using a map that was 6 years out of date)- when we could not get emergency passports that day, we were quick to use the British embassies help to find a more appropriate hotel, the far superior and not much more expensive Lato.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MaisieMinkel
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

I enjoyed crete very much because hotel staffs were very friendly and kind. They had a private party in the hotel entrance and invited me although I had already checked out and only come back to take my baggage in the early evening. The hotel is not in old town but in new town near it. Moreover, it is near port, bus station and Airport. I was able to go to airport by bus only three minutes from hotel to bus stop because taxi was in strike. The prices are very reasonable so that it is very helpful for travellers who will stay for long days.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank MASASHI I
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

The staff is very kind, the rooms are clean, if not very luxurious. They have good, fast and free wifi connection, fridge, tv and air-condition. It isn't very far from the port. A pleasant place to stay while in Heraklion.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple