“Beautiful restaurant and food”

Murmura Seafood Stories
Ranked #173 of 517 Restaurants in Heraklion
Description: Greek and mediterranean food for lunch and dinner, The stylish but sophisticated menu works perfectly with the beautiful view of Heraklion sea, with Fresh fish and quality products.
Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

Our waiter greeted us as we walked in and said we were their 2nd guest of the season For that reason they didn’t have the food that we wanted to order on the menu. So we settled for their recommendation. The lamb chops were so tough and chewy and so was our octopus grilled. We had just had the best grilled lamb chops in Chania at lunch so these were super disappointing. The Cretan salad was good as well as their tsaziki. We were ready to have some fresh fish but apparently too early in their season. At least they had a parking in front of their restaurant reserved for this place.

Maybe come back in the summer when they have more things available on the menu. Service was great and prompt.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed October 31, 2018

The restaurant has an amazing view of the Aegean sea. I wanted grilled shrimp and this place looked and smelled good.
The staff here was extremely slow at every touch point (taking my order, getting me my food, giving me my check).
The shrimp was amazing!!!!!!!!! I think it was worth the wait.
The cost for my shrimp and Coca Cola: 19.50 euros

Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

After our tour of Phaestos Palace, my wife and I were looking for a local place for lunch. A vendor recommended this place. We were not disappointed! We decided to eat light as it was later in the afternoon and we may have wanted dinner later. I ordered the tomato soup and seafood salad, described but the waiter, Nikolas, as “not having too much seafood.” My wife had the octopus in vinegar. Of course, we had a bottle of local wine. The wine was fabulous! Then came the food. My salad with not too much seafood had at least 20 mussels, shrimp, and crab in a big bowl of greens and tomatoes, delicious! My wife’s octopus was served pre-cut and was more than she could finish so, it too became part of my salad. Superb! The wine, the food, the view and the friendly service came in at about 37€. Don’t be misled by the small crowd here; along the water’s edge, this newly established eatery is worth a try.

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

We ordered the special of the day. That beauty took forever to come and cost $47 euro. I think they must have been out fishing because we couldn’t find our waiter. Smoke in the restaurant was so bad I had to step out to breath. View is amazing. Just walk a bit further and you will find plenty of fresh fish and ask for the special price before you order. We were charged for all the other niceties as well.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

We ordered some wine which was lovely and ten euro a bottle - happy out. We also ordered that night's special catch which was a whole sea bream between the two of us. It is priced by weight and considering we were paying almost 50 euro for the fish I would have expected it to come with sides - at least a bit of potato or some veg or something. But it just came garnished with small bits of leaves and tomato. The fish was very tasty but we paid a lot and didn't leave with full stomachs.

Date of visit: September 2018