“Worst meal”

Izmir Kebap
Ranked #21 of 388 Restaurants in Heraklion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Authentic tastes and the best fast, healthy, casual Greek food serving Heraklion since 2006, in an attractive, traditional and hospitable environment in the center of the city."IZMIR KEBAP" is the only restaurant in the whole island of Crete that provide the original recipes of Tas, Shish and Doner Kebap!!!A variety of "Greek Souvlaki" dishes also belong to the "specialities" of the restaurant!Enjoy your Meal or your Dinner few meters only beside the Loggia Palace one the most elegant architectural monuments of the Venetian period.
Hertzlia
“Worst meal”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

After reading a lot of reviews on this forum, we decided to eat at this restaurant. I like gyros and wanted to try the lamb version, turned out they have only chicken or veal. I "went" with the veal. It had a funny taste… I signaled the waiter, told him I don't like it and I'm willing to pay for this portion, and WANT INSTEAD THE CHICKEN VERSION OF GYROS. He tried to "sell" me the kebab – told him I don't like minced meat – I still want the chicken gyros, and, since it is maybe my fault that I don't like the veal – [I said it again] I'll pay for it. He didn't get me chicken gyros, instead he "decided for me" to bring chicken souvlaki. I told him I didn't order it. He tried to convince me that "it is good for me". At this point I got angry and repeated that I don't want this meal. He just left….In the end, I paid for one meal which I didn't like (and for a good reason – I had stomach aches after it), and for one meal which I didn't order… I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone...

• Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
“That is not kebab”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I ordered a lamb kebab, that wasn`t lamb :) . The price was 8,50 euros. I was disappointed the taste wasn`t very good, at least it didn`t taste like a true kebab.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mariralu
“Just GREAT!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Great cuisine excellent service and extremely polite stuff ...and last but not least affordable prices !!!!!!
Well done!

1 Thank Alexander D
Guwahati, India
“Awesome grill”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

One of the best grill meat platter we had in our trip to Greece. The mixed grill is done to perfection and more than enough of two. Meat lovers paradise. The Greek salad is also pretty good. It gets busy in the evenings but the service and the food is top notch.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank gunner365
Heraklion, Greece
“Try it”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

When it comes to choose where to eat in the center, I take this one the reasons: Good quality of all the ingredients (especially the meat)- big portions, great service and a great spot for watching life in the city of Heraklion, hang around watch people passing by- Suggested if you are in Lion Sq, area

• Visited August 2013