“Real Greece/Crete”
Review of Emilia Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elounda
Ranked #27 of 36 Specialty Lodging in Elounda
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Wonderful week 9/17 to17/7/13 basic but very clean 1 bed apt,friendly owners just like the old drachma days in friendly little village,been to elounda before and it is still wonderful place to stay the aircon cost 50euros for week but worthwhile

Room Tip: 1 bed apts are most comfortable as opposed to studios
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Emilia Apartments

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were impressed with the stay at Emilia on the whole. The apartment we stayed in was a bit dated but very clean and tidy. The only real problem (and it wasn't much of a problem at all) is that the traffic noise can be a bit much at night, it can be quiet for an hour and then a huge great thundering truck with no exhaust will roar by and make you jump. Its not really an issue and you soon get used to it but it is worth mentioning. The lady that runs the apartment is so friendly which is a real treat these days, our flight was delayed by 6 hours and she looked after our bags, invited us into her apartment and made us cold fruit juices while we waited, considering how hot it was, we were terribly grateful for this! I would recommend the Amelia apartments for anyone looking for a a basic base on which to base a great holiday, its is only couple of minutes walk from everything in town and you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank veganluke
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed for one week the apartments are very clean,location ideal two minute walk into the town,owners very friendly.This an ideal apartment for the basics as far as I can tell all have balconies.Supermarket nearby so could rustle up a meal in the kitchenette if required although plenty of cheap restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank JEDFERRYHILL
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have just got back from a 2 week trip from the Emilia Apartments with my boyfriend. First I will begin by saying how wonderful the location is, the apartments are a very short walk from the centre of Elounda and the beach which was the big selling point for us. The owners were friendly although we hardly saw them - only to pay for our air con. Air con is available for 50euros a week - very expensive but literally could not cope without it! Another thing we liked was the balcony at the back of the apartment.
However, the apartments are extremely basic, the most basic I have ever encountered, and essentials such as wash-cloths, chopping boards, washing up liquid etc are not provided, so I would suggest bringing your own. Another thing I found a little disappointing was that the bed sheets, and towels were not changed often enough - I think our sheets were only changed once during our holiday. About the traffic noise ... yes it was quite loud! I live on a main road near a train station so road noise doesnt affect me much, however large lorries and other vehicles often pass throughout the night and was very distirbing, perhaps because we were on the bottom floor.
The resort of Elounda is wonderful! Very cosmopolitan and suitable for all ages, great bars and restaurants. We would recommend the Oloundi restaurant near the harbour, followed by a cocktail at Venue Cafe. There are also good transport links to Agios Nikolaos (the nearest big town), and would highly recommend hiring a car if your staying for more than a week to see the real Crete!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank R S
Reviewed December 22, 2011

i stayed here for a week in july with my brother the apartments were spotless clean emilia was helpful hazel the cleaner was fantastic we have remained friends have been to elounda twice since tried to get in here but couldnt def going back next year

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank ChesterfieldBoris
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We have just returned from 2 weeks in Elounda staying in Emilia apartments. We found Emilia and Hazel the cleaner to be really nice and helpful. Our sheets and towels were changed regularly. The apartment was also cleaned regularly and the floors mopped. Hazel gave us lots of advice on local attractions, she was very friendly.

Onto the noise, yes there was car noise, but the crickets were also loud, after a day or two I was unaware of the noise.

The walk to the beach was short and pleasant, and we enjoyed visiting the local market on a Friday to get our fruit and veg.

on reading these reviews before going I took pegs with me, but when I arrived found that we had more than enough supplied already.

This accommodation is very central for beach and tavernas and shops

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Pistill1
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We've just come back from our 3rd holiday here,and have already booked for next year.
As I have said in a previous review Emilia apartments are basic.However they are well equipped and clean.Also the location is perfect,Yes the traffic can be a bit of a nuisance,but to me,everything else,(including the price) makes up for it.
Emilia herself,has always been delightful,and if there are any problems they are sorted at once.
We only use our apartment for showering and sleeping,and would rather spend our money out and about.Of course,other peoplewill prefer more upmarket accomodation and there are plenty of places that cater for them..

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank louci
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elounda
Costas & Chrysoula
#22 of 49 in Plakias
Kavos Bay Apartments
Kavos Bay Apartments
#3 of 36 in Elounda

Been to Emilia Apartments? Share your experiences!