“What a cool place”

Babel
Ranked #4 of 122 Restaurants in Elounda
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This bar overlooks the small fishing harbour off the main square in Elounda village.. With superb hosts to make you welcome and value for money drinks, coffee and meals it ranks number 1.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We ate here three times, twice for breakfast and once for lunch, which lasted a whole afternoon,our last afternoon in Elounda, yesterday in fact! We were looking for somewhere cool to sit and they didn't mind at all that we sat there for the best part of three hours chatting and having a drink while we waited for our pick up.

The staff were attentive and polite and the food was good.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Myself and my family visited Babel a few times during our stay in Elounda. I went with various members of my family, the most each of them ever went was between 2-3 times, but I went 5 times, because I loved the breakfast so much. Even on the last day of my holiday, when I was leaving in just an hour, I chose to go to have my breakfast at Babel, rather than have the slop that I was being served at my hotel.

Everytime I went to Babel with my family, the man who I presumes owns it always shaked our hands and always gave us a warm welcome. Every member of staff was nice and friendly.

I had a full English Breakfast, which was just 6 euros. It was really good for it's money, as you get a lot on your plate and food is absolutely delicious. I wanted to eat there everyday. A pint of coke was only 3 euros, so it only cost my 9 euros, which is very cheap and is definitely worth the money. The Babel breakfast that one of my friends had was 8 euros for a side of chips with the full english breakfast, but there were a lot of chips and I mean a lot. A long with the 6 euros breakfast, you get either tea or coffee and an orange juice. Neither were tiny amounts either.

They also have a kind of sun roof and they have air-conditioning and they have televisions with sky sports on them. I could see that they also had pool tables. The toilets were also very clean, as was the whole place.

Next time I visit Crete, whether I am staying in Elounda or not, I will definitely be visiting Babel for my full English breakfast. I will definitely be recommending to everyone, whether they are going to Crete or not.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Great staff, fun place to visit. Friendly place where you face outward to see the harbour and people watch.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

You must try this place for food. Its a lovely restaurant and the staff are so friendly. Its got air conditioning, large screen tvs and excellent Wi-fi. The food is second to none, in fact whenever we were in town we would pop into this place. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We went to Babel for lunch and even though my partner enjoyed his chicken club sandwich, I was disappointed with my vegetarian burger. The contents of the burger were not as described on the menu. The food is cheap enough and the restaurant is well air conditioned.