After reading very mixed reviews, I was curious to see the Blue Palace for myself. Here are some of our observations that may be helpful to others:
1- This is a large resort. The rooms (250, I believe) are spread out over a hillside. This means taking an elevator to the beach, the spa and certain restaurants.
2-This is not really a resort for kids. There is a children's club, but it is not centrally located. You must walk across the parking lot to another section of the hotel to drop off your child. This means that if you are at the beach level, you must return to the top of the complex to check on your child. There is no radio system for notification if your child needs you. The club is often closed on Mondays and sometimes closed at lunchtime. The activites are very loosely structured (not much going on) and my son said many of the toys were broken. There is a sad little playground near the beach with an open sandbox. This is touchy given the number of sickly looking stray cats walking around. I should say, though, the most of the staff is very kid-friendly.
3- The food was good, but pricey. Plan on 200-300 euro per day for a family of 4.
4- The spa is wonderful. They are very flexible regarding schedules. The spa staff is top notch.
5- Overall, the service was outstanding. Room service was fast and accommodating . They even offered to bring candles for an evening meal.
6- The resort itself is spotless. Rooms are comfortable, although for some reason there is no dresser space. We had very little room to put away our folded clothes. It is annoying to live out of your suitcase in a hotel of this caliber.
7- Lastly, there were only a few movies for kids and very little in the way of English family entertainment TV.
8- The design of the resort is odd and it takes a few days to become oriented. There is something of a "stark" feel to the layout. The color scheme mimics the local arid environment which is (in August) red clay and brown colored. Some of the areas lacked warmth and gave me an "empty" feeling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda