when i was looking to book my summer holiday for me and my girlfriend, the brochure pictures took my breath away from the minute i saw them.. i booked a 7 night stay from 22nd-29th July 2007..
we booked a superior bungalow with a sea view, and when we got shown to our room it was absolutely what we were expecting. on the first evening, my girlfriend left a glass of sprite next to the bed and in the morning managed to attract a whole load of ants to our bedside table.. we called the room manager, who was extremely apologetic and moved us the next morning to a room with a private pool! the rest of the holiday was absolutely amazing, weather was great, food was incredible and an all around relaxing stay.
upon reading all the reviews about pricing in the hotel restaurants, i believe that if you book a hotel of this quality and class, you should go there in preparation to these prices, that way when you're there you aren't thinking about how much everything costs.
me and my girlfriend had lunch on our balcony nearly everyday, as we found more choice, better quality and all round more comfortable that the isola grill lunch restaurant or the snack bar by the pool. lunch each day averaged around 40-50euros and dinner for the two of us was around 100euros a night. i believe you truly get what you pay for, and the service and quality was absolutely flawless.
all in all, from ordering drinks lazily by our sun loungers, to getting driven to our room everyday in the clubcars, it was a fantastic holiday that neither of us are going to forget.
i would definitely recommend this hotel, an experience not to be missed..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda