My new wife and I have just returned from an amazing honeymoon at the Blue Palace Resort, and felt compelled to write a review of the hotel, the location and the staff. Firstly, as it was our honeymoon, we got a beautiful room, which was very spacious, tastefully decorated, and had a stunning view out over the bay to Spinalonga Island. We received a complementary bottle of champagne and a beautiful chocolate mouse cake, which really helped to kick off our honeymoon in style. The hotel itself is stunning, as you will see from the numerous photos other people have posted, and has a number of pools and a pretty pebble beach. The staff were fantastic, very attentive, and I would particularly like to thank the cleaners as pretty much every time I left our room in a mess, I came back and it was nice and neat again!!
The only words of warning I would say is that on the beach, it can get quite windy - but what can you do about the weather (actually, we went the spa to enjoy the indoor pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi on less that great days).
Also, it is best to warn you that the food and drinks are very expensive. even the cheapest resturant in the hotel, you are looking at between 10-15 euro a started, 20-35 euro for a main meal etc....so without drinking you can spend close to 100 euros. Which is fine, if you have that sort of money. One recommendation I would make, is to take the 7 euro taxi into elounda (5 min drive), and eat at the Ferrymans resturant. The food there is excellent! and MUCH cheaper than the hotel. Also, instead of paying 6 euro for a bottle of water on the beach, just walk into Plaka - its about 100-200 metres to the left of the hotel, and but a bottle for 0.60 euro!
In summary, the Blue Palace is amazing, just remember to give elounda a go for better value food and drinks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda