My husband and I spent a week at the Blue Palace for our honeymoon in August. I just cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It was perfect in every way. The location offers amazing views and the seclusion we were looking for. When booking the trip, we had looked at the pictures on the hotel's website and hoped that the hotel looked at least a bit like what was picutured (I say this because I have been disappointed many, many times by hotels that look nothing like the pictures). The Blue Palace looks EXACTLY like the pictures - the water is just as blue, the views are just as spectacular, and the hotel is as beautiful as the pictures.
The staff is great - when they found out on the second day of our stay that we were on our honeymoon, they had a cake and champagne waiting for us when we returned to the room later that day. It was a small but very kind gesture. The people of Elounda are wonderful - warm, inviting, and very romantic.
Other pros about the Blue Palace - a very helpful concierge who planned a very smooth day trip to Santorini for us and excellent restaurants at the resort (especially the Blue Door Tavern).
Elounda is also close to a large town, Aghios Nikolaus, that offers more restaurants and nightlife. We went to Aghios one evening and had a great time having dinner, sipping cocktails at an outdoor cafe, and dancing. For a quieter evening, you can also walk 5 minutes to the nearby village - there is a cafe there called Paleria that has some of the best mussels I have ever had.
There are other reviews that mention noise and poor rooms - we didn't find any of this during our stay. At night, the hotel is very quiet.
If you are looking for a honeymoon destination or just a romantic spot to visit with the special person in your life, you cannot find a better location than this.
My husband and I will always remember this hotel fondly - our stay here was very special, as romantic as one would hope for a honeymoon, and very memorable. We are looking forward to returning to the Blue Palace in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda