“Paradise! The perfect location for a honeymoon.”

Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Elounda
New York City, New York
“Paradise! The perfect location for a honeymoon.”
Reviewed January 8, 2006

My husband and I spent a week at the Blue Palace for our honeymoon in August. I just cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It was perfect in every way. The location offers amazing views and the seclusion we were looking for. When booking the trip, we had looked at the pictures on the hotel's website and hoped that the hotel looked at least a bit like what was picutured (I say this because I have been disappointed many, many times by hotels that look nothing like the pictures). The Blue Palace looks EXACTLY like the pictures - the water is just as blue, the views are just as spectacular, and the hotel is as beautiful as the pictures.

The staff is great - when they found out on the second day of our stay that we were on our honeymoon, they had a cake and champagne waiting for us when we returned to the room later that day. It was a small but very kind gesture. The people of Elounda are wonderful - warm, inviting, and very romantic.

Other pros about the Blue Palace - a very helpful concierge who planned a very smooth day trip to Santorini for us and excellent restaurants at the resort (especially the Blue Door Tavern).

Elounda is also close to a large town, Aghios Nikolaus, that offers more restaurants and nightlife. We went to Aghios one evening and had a great time having dinner, sipping cocktails at an outdoor cafe, and dancing. For a quieter evening, you can also walk 5 minutes to the nearby village - there is a cafe there called Paleria that has some of the best mussels I have ever had.

There are other reviews that mention noise and poor rooms - we didn't find any of this during our stay. At night, the hotel is very quiet.

If you are looking for a honeymoon destination or just a romantic spot to visit with the special person in your life, you cannot find a better location than this.

My husband and I will always remember this hotel fondly - our stay here was very special, as romantic as one would hope for a honeymoon, and very memorable. We are looking forward to returning to the Blue Palace in the near future.

• Stayed August 2005
28 Thank NYCAnita1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Ferndale, MI
Reviewed November 28, 2005

I find it hard to believe that people actually had such a miserable time at this resort. I will admit, it was pricey, but it is a 5* resort!!! My husband and I went during peak tourist season for our honeymoon and had a glorious and relaxing time.
The room was simple and modern with a fabulous bathroom and infinity pool...and yes there were other pools next to us...but hardly anyone ever used them...so it seemed very private.
The service was excellent. I find that when I give out a positive attitude, I get a positive attitude back. The lower pool wasn't as well attended by servers...but there was a restaurant 20 ft away and a bar close by as well so, getting beverages or anything else wasn't really an issue.
The food was delicious every where we went. We ate at each of the restaurants at least once. One morning we orderd breakfast in our room and tried to eat outside...watch out for the bees...there were tons of them!!!
Overall, this was by far the most beautiful resort I have ever stayed at. I would totally recommend it if you have the money to splurge!

• Stayed August 2005
16 Thank MotorCityDiva
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elounda
Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas
Elounda Gulf Villas & Suites
Creta Maris Beach Resort
Creta Maris Beach Resort
#3 of 171 in Hersonissos

Been to Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete? Share your experiences!