Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Elounda
Reviewed May 12, 2009

Very good hotel. We loved it. To go to the beach you have to take a panoramic elevator (with beautifull view), but there's only one and you have to wait for it! Several beautifull large swimmingpools. The food is delicious and a lot of variation. Very good winelist.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Theodoros, Director General, Blue Palace Resort & Spa at Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2009

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for the favourable review you send to the Trip Advisor about the Blue Palace. It is nice to know that all the efforts of the Management & staff are rewarded with satisfied customers.

I hope that I will have the chance of welcoming you again at the Blue Palace,

Yours Sincerely

Director general
Blue Palace, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

There are newer reviews for Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete

Reviewed May 6, 2009

This hotel was amazing. It provides stunning scenery overlooking Spinalonga Island and everything about this hotel was spot on. The rooms were extremely well furnished, very clean and basically everything you expect from a resort of this calibre.

The location was a plus and negative... only a short stroll into Plaka village (very pretty with a few restaurants). This resort is in fact in Plaka and not Elounda as advertised. You have to drive for about 5-10 minutes to get into Elounda (which is alot bigger than Plaka and very beautiful).

I would say that the only dissappointing thing about this resort is the price of the rooms. This is very expensive and only worth it if you want to splurge out. I was told there were other resorts in Elounda itself at similar rates but a bit nicer and closer to the town. I'm not sure of these places unfortunately.

If you would like a quiet, remotish, exquisite resort and don't mind splurging then definately stay here. I wouldn't recommend it for families because of the price and also the beach area / pool areas do lend themselves more for adults than children (the beach is all large pebbles).

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for the Trip Advisor review. I was very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely hope that I will have the chance of welcoming you again.

Yoiurs Sincerely

Director General,

Reviewed April 18, 2009

We stayed in June 2007 at the Blue Palace with our 13 months old daughter. We rented a double room with private pool and I can only recommend this choice to families with kids who still sleep during the day. While our daughter was napping we enjoyed reading and relaxing at the pool. The staff was extremely friendly everyhting was "no problem". The spa is wonderful and the treatments are perfect!
Unfortunately our babyphone would not work in the restaurant, but we dined a few times in our room, outside at the Pool while the little one was having her good night rest.
We had a wonderful stay and felt very welcome.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Nienke08
Theodoros, Director General / Blue Palace Resort & Spa at Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2009

Dear Sir,

I was delighted to read your favourable review abour the Blue Palace at the Trip Advisor Site.

It is always nice to knoe that guests remember fondly of their stay with us. I hope that I will have the chance of seeing you again here. Your 3 year old daughter will enjoy our Kid's Club with the experienced staff.

Yours Sincerely

Director General

Reviewed February 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed here in July 2008, and for the price and promise of a 'Superior Bungalow with Seaview and Heated Pool' we had high hopes. Unfortunately the reality was more than a little lacking.

We assumed (it turned out wrongly) that for the price the hotel would be quite exclusive, offering the highest levels of service, facilities etc., but our 'Superior Bungalow' turned out to be a less than average room, very dark and narrow, with our outside pool and sun-bathing area totally overlooked from the rooms above (whose occupants must have been wearing clogs, as the noise of them tramping around upstairs, moving tables etc was quite unbelievable) and from the side, with absolutely no 'wow' factor apart from the view out to Spinalonga. (I think the management/architects hoped that the views would make up for the below par rooms!) The curtains in our room weren't even wide enough, so we were awoken when the sun rose every morning and the pool cleaner quite often got more than an eye full!

We also found the beach attendants to be extremely unhelpful...despite the fact I was 5 months pregnant, only one of them actually offered to help me move my sunbed on one of the days, the other 13 days it was left to myself or my husband. (And it wasn't due to the attendants being rushed off their feet, they spent all day standing round gossiping!)

Now admittedly we have been spoiled over the years, staying in the very best 5-star hotels in Dubai, Thailand etc., and maybe it's just that the accommodation and service levels are much higher here, but for the price we certainly expected more.

The restaurants were OK, we especially liked the Blue Door and its staff, but this was mainly due to the view and ease, it was much cheaper to visit the little restaurants in Plaka, which offered just as good food for half the price. And if you know what's what with asian food, the hotel's asian restaurant will definitely not excite you!

We left an extremely comprehensive feedback form noting all of our complaints etc when we checked out but the management never even took the time to respond. We also complained through our travel agents when we got home but the response from the hotel was along the lines of 'they obviously just didn't like the hotel', and took no responsibility for the areas where the hotel is quite obviously lacking.

I certainly could not and would not recommend this hotel, not for the price, and I'm very surprised it managed to achieve 5-star status. Maybe the suites and villas are a different story but as we paid not too far shy of 9,000 euro for a two week stay (and that was only B&B), we'd need to win the lottery in order to stay in one of the suites...and if we did win the lottery, we certainly wouldn't go back to the Blue Palace!

4  Thank KatieMc123
Reviewed January 26, 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Blue Palace for 2 weeks in July 2008....what an incredible hotel and resort! The weather, the scenery, the hotel, the people...all beautiful. The staff was friendly and gracious. As a matter of fact, I wanted to give a special thanks to two staff members that made our stay special: Rena, who waited on us at breakfast and almost every lunch and Yiorgos, the concierge...both kind, friendly and exceptional at customer service.
Also, I wanted to thank the manager because when we checked in there was confusion as to what room type we were supposed to get upgraded to (we are Platinum Starwood members) and they ended up upgrading us to an exquisite villa overlooking the bay and the property. Again, the staff went above and beyond. I would highly recommend this property to anyone visiting Crete and as a matter of fact, we will probably return again this summer!

2  Thank wrcarr
Reviewed January 8, 2009

We stayed at the blue palace resort last september and we had an unforgetable experience!
The site of the resort is its best feature as it sits across the spectacular island of spinalonga, in a relatively remote and peaceful location. The views from any point of the hotel are just breathtaking! Especially from the main terrace, the arsenal lounge. We spent most of our time gazing at the crystal blue waters enjoying the best mohitos in the region while being pampered by the resort's fantastic staff.

The resort is large and the map you are handed upon check in is definatelly usefull. Rooms are very clean, nicely decorated and full of modern amenities. Maids serviced our room twice daily (!) and I found them to be very courteous and friendly. In fact, we found that blue palace staff is among the most friendly people we met on the island and this is what gives the resort its class! Special praise to the general manager and front desk staff who went out of their way to make our stay there unforgetable! My wife and I will never forget how at home and welcome we felt when upon check in, we were greated in genuine posh english accent by an attractive, polite young man and the front office manager who pleasantly conversed with us and welcomed us to the "blue palace experience" as they put it.

The resort has five restaurants and we tried them all. By far the best was the taverna, where we enjoyed our dinner under the constant attention of the maitre. The main restaurant and the asian were exquisite as well. As many visitors before us have mentioned the prices are a bit on the expensive side compared to the quality but a stroll along the road and you find yourself a variety of inexpensive traditional tavernas with great food in Plaka village.

In all, we had a most enjoyable holiday at the blue palace and we are definately going back this summer.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank scape2
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Blue Palace was a beautiful & serene 5 star hotel with stunning views of the Meditteranean. The resort is extremely relaxing- no worrying about screaming kids or fighting for chairs....
The service was very good as well when we needed something.

The rooms were very nice and we got a private pool, which overlooked the Meditteranean as well.

Spa was fantastic.

The breakfast was very good. Aside from breakfast, the food in the hotel was very disappointing (the taverna was really bad).

1  Thank LUVINVACATION
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elounda
Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas
#7 of 172 in Hersonissos
Elounda Garden Suites
Elounda Garden Suites
#1 of 35 in Elounda

Been to Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete? Share your experiences!