We booked three nights here to kick start our honeymoon. It really was a lovely resort - although I think I appreciated it more after seeing the standard of the other accommodation we went on to stay in.
I was a little disappointed with our (upgraded) room. It was a massive space with lovely bathrooms and a plunge pool, but the soft furnishings were a little shabby and dated. A similarly priced UK hotel would be a LOT more plush. We were lucky that our plunge pool wasn't overlooked, as we noticed a lot of them weren't so private.
The service was 5 star though. The beach and poolsides were well tended, the rooms made at least twice a day, the reception staff helpful. Everything was just so comfortable!
The restaurants were a little disappointing since in Crete it seems vegetarians eat fish and ham, but when we mentioned this we were told that as the food was freshly made they could make up a dish for us.The salads at the Italian restaurant were particularly fresh and tasty. Breakfast however was a feast! Everything so fresh, and so much choice - and real champagne if that took your fancy... it quickly became my favourite meal of the day.
I had a bad experience at the spa, but when I complained we were offered a complimentary treatment and the second time it was wonderful - just the relaxing experience you'd hope for.
We must have mentioned that we were on our honeymoon when we checked in, because on our last night, there was a bottle of champagne and a cake in our room, and a bath strewn with petals made ready for us!
All in all a luxurious and memorable start to married life :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda