just back from a 2 week stay at the Blue Palace which delivered on quality of room and food. However, the trip was to celebrate our silver wedding which we informed our tour company but the hotel made no effort to make our stay special. Even after we saw the General manager about a minor matter and told him he did not even send a bottle of wine to our room.
Apart from that we had a good time. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed sampling the four restaurants-our favourites being the Greek and Asian. The towels were changed twice a day regardless of where we left them and the bedlinen was changed regularly. Even the slippers were changed 3 times in 2 weeks!!
One real problem was the number of children at the hotel, especially the high number of babies and toddlers who ran riot in the restauant at breakfast. We had not expected so many little people at a 5 star luxury resort.
We will,not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda