We arrived at the hotel on the 10th August 2013 at around 9pm. On check-in we discovered that notwithstanding our booking for three rooms together, we had one room in one part of the hotel and two in another part. We asked them to try and do something but they said the hotel was full. We went for dinner and returned to find that they had managed to find us three rooms together. There were three children in one of the rooms. We went there in darkness. The next morning we discovered that notwithstanding our confirmation said "Spectacular Sea View", we had been given nothing of the sort and had been placed away from the hotel in the corner of the property. This was to be contrasted with what we booked from the website. Don't be fooled by the website. The room did not resemble the room we had booked and was totally unsuitable in the layout for three people. I lost count of the times one of us bumped into the centre piece of the room. There was not enough room "to swing a cat".
We went to reception to complain about the room on our 1st day to be told by the Asst Manager, Lefteris, that the hotel was full and that there was nothing that could be done until at least the next day. As we were only there another two days, we suggested that it would be too late by then and that they should do something about the price of the rooms. He suggested initially that we could have a meal in the hotel and then retracted it very quicly when he realised there were nine of us and offered a couple of bottles of wine!! We rejected this out of hand and asked him to come back to us.
After a day, he still had not contacted us and we went to reception to see him. He said he had left a message but none of our phones had one and was still offering a couple of bottles of wine. We said it was not good enough but he said that was all he could do.
On our last night, I received a phone call in my room from Babis, who was the duty manager. I explained the position to him, he was very sympathetic but after two further calls during which I waited in my room for 45 mins, he offered some Spa treatments for the next day, this was not possible as 5 of our party were leaving at 4.30am! He then offered 3000 Starwood points per room, again I told him this was unacceptable and he made an appointment for me with the General Manager for 11am the next morning. This was the last day of my summer holiday but I wanted to resolve it so I turned up at Reception at 11am. By 11.20, We still had not been seen and we were then spoken to by Claire, the Front of House Manager, who said the General Manager was not now available. This was totally unacceptable but once again I went through everything with her and I was to go back at 3pm to see her. When I went back at 3pm, the General Manager has apparently been spoken to and I was told that 3000 points per room was all that was offered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda, Crete