We arrived at the hotel at 10.30 pm and loved it from the moment we arrived . The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and immediately arranged a table for us at the Blue Door restaurant . Our bags were taken to our rooms and we were whisked off to the restaurant in a golf buggy.
We were upgraded on arrival which was fantastic. The room was very beautiful with amazing views over spinalonga . The next day however, we realised that we would not get any sun at all during the day on the veranda or pool (probably to do with the time of year) .We asked if we could be moved and were given a different room within the hour .This room also looked over Spinalonga.
We could not find a fault with the staff, the facilities or the other guests
The restaurants are staffed by very friendly people. We particularly enjoyed Flame and the Blue Door . We also walked to Plaka in the evening (5 mins) and ate in a few of the lovely tavernas.
Portion size in Plaka is huge so be warned. It is also incredibly cheap.
A really lovely holiday in a very happy hotel !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda