I have just returned with my friends from a brilliant week s holiday at The Blue Palace Crete .
We saw the holiday advertised in The Sunday Times magazine earlier this year and decided to give it a try , booking through Amethyst Travel .
From the moment we arrived we were impressed with the courteous, efficient service of the front desk - our bags were whisked away and arrived half an hour later in our room whilst we were given a brief tour of the resort by one of the elegant members of staff . We were in a Superior Sea View bungalow with wonderful views of the island of Spinalonga and surrounding hills . The room was immaculate with welcome fruit and wine and full marks to housekeeping , the maid service was excellent with a constant change of linen and towels and a turn down service , my nightdress sculpted into a n arrangement on my bed !
There are five restaurants at the resort - Blue Door , traditional taverna on the beach , Isola - Italian , Flame - fine dining grill , Asia Blue - Pan Asian and finally Olea where we took our breakfast which was a wonderful buffet . We tried all the restaurants in turn and our favourite was Asia Blue but I have to say that the food in all the restaurants was exceptional and worthy of fine dining accolades . We took our pre dinner and after dinner drinks sitting on comfortable white sofas overlooking the sea in the Arsenali bar . The management should be aware of the high standard of service given to us by the waitresses who served us - two girls stand out , one of whom's Greek name translates as Barbara . These girls really gave us such attention and were so friendly and helpful , something that is often lacking in service these days .
There was a beautiful pool next to the Arsenali but all other pools were situated on levels below nearer the beach . This for us was our main complaint, namely the funicular lift that transported you down and up . For the amount of people who were staying in the hotel this service was inadequate . Often you had to wait sometime for it to arrive and when it did , was often full. It was also very hot and unpleasant and I hate to think what it would have been like in August . On one trip, it stuck and we had to call maintenance. While I appreciate that there is only room for one lift I feel the hotel should review this facility with perhaps another alternative for next season. You could call a buggy but often the staff were busy and therefore there was a wait . I don t think this hotel would be very suitable for disabled people .
The only other complaint I have was the wi -Fi service . This was available in the lobby and Arsenali bar but often the service was spasmodic and came and went . Anywhere else in the resort there was quite an expensive charge and I feel that in a resort of this calibre it should be available everywhere .
Apart from the above two criticisms , our holiday was faultless and on this damp chilly autumn day wonder why I 'm not back there ! Definite recommendation and I hope to return !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda