We stayed here 3 nights in June to recover from jet-lag before starting a tour of Greece. The rooms are beautiful: spacious, clean, and impeccably furnished. We had a room with the "private" pool. No, its not private - its one long pool in front of a series of rooms, with a low wall between them. However, it was lovely to take a dip anytime, and the covered porch offered shelter from the sun (and a brief downpour one afternoon). The view of Spinolonga Island from the room was spectacular especially at night when the boats returned to the small port.
The staff here are all professional and helpful and the other guests friendly and unpretentious. There was no need to feel uncomfortable about what you wore or how you looked. There were many English and German visitors and a few other Americans. The resort seemed quiet, maybe it was early season.
The breakfast was amazing. The most splendid spread I've seen in my travels in Europe. Many tables of everything you might want, and beautifully presented. Lots of fruit, eggs, cheese/fish/meat, and cereal for the Americans. I loved the special table for Cretan specialties: olives, honey, pastries, etc. The coffee was really delicious -dark and full-bodied.
The resort has a number of restaurants, but what was strange and somewhat difficult was that they were not all open every day, and it was hit or miss what was open - no schedule was available. So we ended up eating at the Italian place (Isola) for both lunch and dinner one day - and didn't enjoy dinner very much (see separate review). If we hadn't been so tired and ill, we would have explore option in the town. Lunch at the Blue Door was really good - we were lucky they were open and we could get in that day.
The spa was fine. I went to the steam room while my husband had a massage. I couldn't get the whirlpool to work, but otherwise it was quit pleasant. The staff was really friendly and helpful, and brought me a plate of fruit and water while I waited for him.
Yes, the funicular that takes guests up and down to the pool/sea is quit noisy. I would not want a room next to the track -we were one room away, and it was not too annoying, but we could hear it.
Visit here with someone you love, you'll not be dissapointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda