My wife and I stayed here for a week in early June. The hotel was great, the various pools and bars, the beach, the spa, the watersports centre etc all good. We stayed in an Island Suite, no 704 I think, which was worth every penny - very private, fantastic view, nicely decorated. The staff were helpful, friendly and polite. As others have noted, the only let down was the food, which, other than the very nice breakfast, was of a fairly average standard not in keeping with the standard set by the hotel itself - though it was priced as if it was. The Blue Door was ok, and the Flame was actually good, but even here it was let down by slightly by the service, which was very rushed - we were in and out in under an hour with 3 courses. This was the same in all the restaurants, even when they weren't busy. It would have been nice to spend a relaxed evening over a meal. You are much better off going to eat in Plaka, where there are various places to eat at differing prices, with much more atmosphere and better food. There is also a small shop here where you can by bottled water and beers cheaply. Room service is the best bet in the hotel - we had some lovely simple lunches on our terrace, and they provided a fantastic picnic for us when we rented a boat for the day (which I thoroughly recommend).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda