We stayed at Blue Palace for 5 nights in early July. The hotel itself is very nice with great views and pretty beach. It is a beautiful and relaxing place to be. We love the idea of the cable car to go down to the beach bypassing street traffic. It is not as fast as we would've liked, but this is Greece and we as Americans really just need to take it easy. The hotel is across the bay from Spinalonga which was a wonderful place to visit. It is a 5 minute walk to Plaka where there are some cute shops and decent restaurants. There are a couple of options for getting to the Plaka - along the side of the road, or through the beach, over the pebble stones. We did both and neither were very taxiing.
We had a superior bungalow with private pool. It is spacious and had a great view. However in hind sight, there really was no need to get the pool as the ocean water was so nice and clear we preferred to be on the beach. Also even in July when the temps are in the low 80s, the pool water was down right chilly. Even after a hot walk under the sun, dipping my feet in the pool did not feel comfortable. I later found out that some bungalows actually have heated pools. It would've been nice if Reception had informed us of the option when we checked in, however we were never offered the option and the pool went completely wasted. Overall the service at the hotel was average. Our party had 3 rooms, 2 of which were booked with platinum members. None of us felt there was anyone that went above and beyond. One of the room was booked with 2 separate reservations using 2 people's points. SPG ambassador linked the 2 reservations together, however my friends had to switch rooms after the 1st reservation ended which was quite inconvenient.
Overall it is a nice resort with some very nice amenities. We had other friends who stayed at the resort early May and were not overwhelmed by the on-site restaurant experience so other than the quick lunch/snack by the lobby, we did not try any of the restaurants. Elouda is a quick drive/cheap taxi ride away so we always went there for meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the wild beauty and unrivalled island style of a bohemian luxe resort with emblematic sea views, crystal clear waters, sparkling infinity pools, world class cuisine and bespoke services. All this combined with the resort's beach experience create a unique setting , where time seems to stand still. Blue Palace, a setting of wild grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Starwood EMEA, Bookgreece.com, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete Elounda