All reviews bottle of wine small hotel leaving gift olive oil plenty of sunbeds minute walk from the centre herbal tea pool area lovely hotel welcome gift i highly recommend this hotel dakos cold buffet bars and restaurants nothing is too much trouble family suite sea view
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fantastic welcome, the rooms are fairly small, but extremely clean with a fridge. All the staff very polite. A 10 minute stroll into town. Nice sized pool with plenty of sunbeds. If you like a peaceful and relaxing hotel then this is the place.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked this hotel based on the Tripadviser reviews and were really happy with our stay. It is a very traditional Greek hotel, slightly dated - actual keys for the rooms and safe, which was only just big enough for an iPad! - and basic decor but very comfortable beds and pillows and spotlessly clean. The pool area was also very clean and had plenty of sun beds.
The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the harbour and we found the location ideal. One thing I did struggle with was the lack of hanging space in the room. I had several maxi dresses with me but the wardrobe was a gentleman’s style so had very short hanging which meant I had created bottoms...and who wants to iron on holiday??!!

One thing that the hotel can not be held responsible for is the behaviour of their clientele. The majority of the people whilst we were staying were couples 40+ . There was one family group with a child around 6 years old who thought it was acceptable to buy him a water cannon that shot water 45 feet and encourage him to play with it in the pool. Let’s just say it totally spoilt the relaxation of many people on many occasions.

Overall the hotel was great, but I would agree with a previous review that large groups - of which there were two during our stay - can be overbearing and noisy around the pool.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

The staff at Krini were so helpful especially when our ferry got cancelled to Mykonos, and we needed to communicate with the ferry company. Kristina at reception is lovely and took very good care of us during our stay. The walk to town is about 15 minutes and there are also plenty of nice restaurants and beaches around.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2019

A smart boutique hotel with a really nice pool and plenty of sun loungers. A good location too, being a short stroll (~1km) into the centre of Elounda, along good pavements and much of it along the waterfront. It is quite close to the road though and so the occasional heavy truck did occasionally disturb the usual peace and quiet (we were there the first week of September and so the hotel might not have been as busy as it could be). Rooms are spotless, and the bed was very comfortable, although the bathrooms are rather small. The breakfast buffet selection was excellent. I looked at the cost and location of several hotels in the area before selecting the Krini. I was very happy with my choice and would happily recommend the hotel.

Room tip: Rooms facing the pool get the sunrise.
1  Thank Wyn C
Reviewed September 4, 2019

My husband and I spent 2 weeks travelling through 3 islands in Greece and 3 nights in Elounda to enjoy the beaches in that area. Elounda Krini Hotel was a great choice! The room was simple but just what we needed. We also had the breakfast every morning which was fresh and with a lot of variety of choice. The hotel staff were very nice and helpful always able to provide tips and advice. The hotel was also located very close to the town but far enough that it wasn't loud. Perfect location!

Date of stay: August 2019