We were sceptical after reading reviews about this hotel but absolutely loved it, it was clean and the staff were very friendly. Yes the hill up is steep but not long so very easy to walk up! Being located on the hill gives fantastic views of the sea and the island!
We walked to the town most days and enjoyed the laid back bars and day beds that were in most bars, sipping our cocktails. The sea was so warm so great to have a dip before heading back to the hotel. There is an amazing beach bar full of beautiful people, if you trun left out the entrance of the hotel, it has day beds and sofas at the end of little piers and plays very funky music, you also have a choice of watersports and as a fan of wakeboarding had a little play!
The food in the bar restaurant was enjoyable, however most evenings we ate out for a more traditional meal.
We were away for a week, spent time by the pool, explored the local area and went on a few excursions, we highly recommend the "Land Rover, Great Adventure Safari" we were collected from the hotel and meet some lovely people and the tour guide Gary, was very knowledgeable. The boat trip to Spilonga (not sure on spelling) and BBQ, was great to see the island however the BBQ further round the bay although nice we stayed on the boat as it was packed with people, this was fine as we jumped off the boat and the water was clear blue and the food was delicious!!
We ventured over to Agios Nikolaos or Ag Nik to see what all the fuss was about, it was much busier, a bit more agressive at getting us into their bar but we enjoyed time around the Lake area and dined at a great restaurant GOLD, we do prefer Elounda though!
Overall a great holiday and returned home very relaxed!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS NOW New concept, new services, new design Sentido Elounda Blu ... four star hoteling reinvented The "Sentido Elounda Blu Hotel", is situated in the international renowned hot spot of Elounda. The Greek islands' architecture is evident throughout Elounda Blu with earth colors that blend with the Cretan environment. The area's stunning views of the gulf of Elounda, the traditional town of Elounda, and the medieval castle of "Spinalonga" create an idyllic surrounding for a relaxing holiday. In front of the resort lies a sandy and well protected from the streams beach, that offers various choices to keep you by the sea water. The emphasis on the area's natural riches and the resort's services create an environment that fashions a vacation that must be experienced by all. Sentido Elounda Blu is a redesigned hotel with a brand new adult only(16+) concept that promises to offer a relaxing ambiance, with elevated services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your SENTIDO Elounda Blu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- SENTIDO Elounda Blu Crete