We have just returned from Elounda Blu after spending our Honeymoon there. We were delighted when we arrived at the hotel. It looked lovely and the layout, although steep was charming and the views incredible! The hotel turned out to be excellent with friendly, hard working, helpful staff. Our room was decorated in petals when we arrived and they had left a bottle of wine and a basket of fruit in our room since they knew we were on Honeymoon. It was a lovely touch and immediately made us feel special. The plunge pool on our balcony was a fantastic bonus. The room was a good size with tea/coffee, hairdryer, TV. I loved the strong shower with various blast sprays. The room was clean and kept that way the whole time we were there. It was peaceful and lovely and quiet at night. Thank goodness for good air conditioning, the weather was brilliant! The food was excellent with a good choice at all mealtimes!
The walk into the fishing village of Elounda was one of the most picturesque I have ever seen. We walked the 1.2km into the village quite a number of times during our stay and never tired of it. We are mountain runners and the surrounding area provided us with a good choice of routes to run. The local people were friendly and welcoming. There was a great choice of places to eat or just sit and relax with a drink or a coffee. Good wifi and internet access everywhere.
It is easy to hire a car or other vehicle if you want to see a bit more of the island. The hire companies deliver to and collect from the hotel. We found this very helpful. We hired a Suzuki Jimny and spent a fantastic time exploring right to the south coast of the island.
One thing struck me, the cleanliness of the whole area right down to the toilets was remarkable. The beaches in the area were lovely, including the hotel beach. There was a lovely secure, safe feeling about the whole area and we will definitely return. Could not recommend this hotel and area highly enough!
One thing we did not like was nothing to do with the hotel but to do with the excursion we booked with Thomas Cook to visit the historic island of Spinalonga off the coast of Plaka and Elounda. They took us all the way to the nearest big town, Agia Nikolaos for a very uncomfortable hour long boat ride when there were daily regular visits from Elounda that were alot cheaper and only 20 mins of a boat ride. It was even shorter from nearby Plaka.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS NOW New concept, new services, new design Sentido Elounda Blu ... four star hoteling reinvented The "Sentido Elounda Blu Hotel", is situated in the international renowned hot spot of Elounda. The Greek islands' architecture is evident throughout Elounda Blu with earth colors that blend with the Cretan environment. The area's stunning views of the gulf of Elounda, the traditional town of Elounda, and the medieval castle of "Spinalonga" create an idyllic surrounding for a relaxing holiday. In front of the resort lies a sandy and well protected from the streams beach, that offers various choices to keep you by the sea water. The emphasis on the area's natural riches and the resort's services create an environment that fashions a vacation that must be experienced by all. Sentido Elounda Blu is a redesigned hotel with a brand new adult only(16+) concept that promises to offer a relaxing ambiance, with elevated services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotel.de and Travelocity so you can book your SENTIDO Elounda Blu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- SENTIDO Elounda Blu Crete