First do not believe a word of any negative reviews you have read they all are rubbish.
I am a 58 year old business man and only am used to staying in good hotels throughout England and abroad. I have 3-4 holidays a year and this hotel is one of the best that I have ever stayed at
You will not be disappointed with this hotel the food is wonderful, breakfast as good or if not better then any 4 star English hotel, the evening meal is even better some lovely home cooking always hot and well prepared, the chefs here are of a high standard everything cooked fresh, nothing here comes from a packed, the soups well there so nice I need to go back again.
All the staff are so caring I could not fault anyone the service was just first class.
info you need to know, some holidays you need to have a balcony, yes you will get one, but do not be disappointed if you do not get a room without a view as believe me you will rarely use it
yes its on a hill side, but its not that difficult,
Room- good soft bed, nice shower/toilet LCD TV, on the large size we were on 502
tips, you want to sit out on the terrace at night time for your evening meal, its just lovely the views
are just wonderful, we stayed half board, and after out evening meal walked every night to the town its one of the nices walks you will do, along the sea front a pathway all the way into town
its takes 20 minutes maximum , a few drinks in the charming village town of elounda and a walk back we were ready for our bed!!!
tip- the walk to plaka do first thing in the morning and go to the leper island for half the price of anyone else-on your return catch a taxi back only 5-6 euro to avoid the mid-day sun
the small beach area in front of the holiday is also very nice-there is no charge for beds or unbrellas but note is note a private beach area just for the hotel.
normally we go a bed each day, but try and go down there straight after breakfast -towels are free from reception-
tip - if you get down there and find all the beds are gone, just up pass the beach shop there is a few stacked on the side, you will not have umbrella but you will have a bed
wine at meal--have the crete house wine its fine they do this at 11 euros for white/rose and 12 for red not that expensive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS NOW New concept, new services, new design Sentido Elounda Blu ... four star hoteling reinvented The "Sentido Elounda Blu Hotel", is situated in the international renowned hot spot of Elounda. The Greek islands' architecture is evident throughout Elounda Blu with earth colors that blend with the Cretan environment. The area's stunning views of the gulf of Elounda, the traditional town of Elounda, and the medieval castle of "Spinalonga" create an idyllic surrounding for a relaxing holiday. In front of the resort lies a sandy and well protected from the streams beach, that offers various choices to keep you by the sea water. The emphasis on the area's natural riches and the resort's services create an environment that fashions a vacation that must be experienced by all. Sentido Elounda Blu is a redesigned hotel with a brand new adult only(16+) concept that promises to offer a relaxing ambiance, with elevated services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotel.de and Travelocity so you can book your SENTIDO Elounda Blu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- SENTIDO Elounda Blu Crete