The Elounda Blu is in an idyllic setting and benefits from incredible views of the sea, mountains and Spinalonga Island. There is a steep walk (3-4mins) up to the higher level rooms (rooms in 300-500s) but if you are happy to walk then views are great. You can take a lift to the level where 200s are.
I found all the staff very welcoming, friendly and helpful - from the receptionists, to the cleaners and waiters - and we received excellent service.
It looks like the hotel may have been recently renovated so older reviews may not apply. The rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable. The bathroom we had was pretty small, but fixtures seemed relatively new and we had a fantastic power shower. The room's lighting was a little poor/dull so you may want a reading light if eyesight not so good.
The pool area is fantastic as you can sit and look out over the sea. Along with the usual sun loungers are a few nice sofa-type comfortable seats, and tables & chairs. There is a poolside bar, which also serves snacks. Inside there is a bar and a lovely area with sofas, rocking chairs and tables - everything looked brand new. There is a pool table but not much else activity wise.
There is a spa which just opened this year. Warm indoor pool and jacuzzi, and sauna. Spa treatments including massage, manicures etc. Quite pricey though. Really lovely staff in the spa. As the spa is new and we were there in the first week of the season, it's unlear whether use of the pool etc will be free for all guests in future - it was when we were there but worth checking.
The private beach is small, and it's a pebble beach but it's very nice and clean. The water is crystal clear!
Food was fantastic - lots of choice and good quality. Breakfast has brilliant choice - cereal, bread cheese & meat, cooked items - bacon egg sausage beans etc, toast, yoghurt, fruit.
Lunch and dinner comprises of large salad bar (gorgeous salads!) and then a choice of hot food - 3 or 4 mains (one fish, a couple of meats and something vegitarian) with choices of veg and sides. Then there are a few desserts on offer and a cheese board.
The dining room is great as lots of windows to again see the view, and there is also an outdoor area.
I highly recommend the Elounda Blu to friends, couples or those on their own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS NOW New concept, new services, new design Sentido Elounda Blu ... four star hoteling reinvented The "Sentido Elounda Blu Hotel", is situated in the international renowned hot spot of Elounda. The Greek islands' architecture is evident throughout Elounda Blu with earth colors that blend with the Cretan environment. The area's stunning views of the gulf of Elounda, the traditional town of Elounda, and the medieval castle of "Spinalonga" create an idyllic surrounding for a relaxing holiday. In front of the resort lies a sandy and well protected from the streams beach, that offers various choices to keep you by the sea water. The emphasis on the area's natural riches and the resort's services create an environment that fashions a vacation that must be experienced by all. Sentido Elounda Blu is a redesigned hotel with a brand new adult only(16+) concept that promises to offer a relaxing ambiance, with elevated services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your SENTIDO Elounda Blu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- Blue Bay Hotel Elounda
- SENTIDO Elounda Blu Crete