I stayed here with a friend in September and we loved it.
The hotel is quite understated for a 5 star which was actually very nice as there was no pretentiousness. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and very friendly and the only time we had to wait a little longer for service in the restaurant was when it was very busy and they were run off their feet.
George who works on the bar was particularly friendly!
The room service breakfast was ample and the food in general was very good.
There was loads of choice for breakfast and although the menu was quite limited in the evening it was delicious, especially the huge range of desserts!
The drinks in the hotel are very expensive but we stocked up our fridge from the little shop 5 mins away.
The view from our room was beautiful and the room itself was a lot nicer than it looks in the photos. Yes, the walls are artexed but its traditional for Crete not London or New York!
We did move to a different room for a few hours on our last day as a late check-out and the room wasn't nearly as good, and the over-bath shower flooded but they didn't charge us as our room was booked out. If we'd paid for this room we wouldn't have been happy but it didn't look like they used this side of the hotel often.
The pool area was immaculate and the beach is quite small but hardly used so plenty for the private use of the hotel guests. The atmosphere in general is very relaxed and peaceful - none of your Union Jacks and over-exposure of flesh on show :)
The guys by the pool area supply towels so if the sunbeds are abandoned the towels are removed for someone elses use. No reserving them at 5am!
The only rude people we encountered were English which is quite embarassing!
The Cretan people are some of the nicest we'd met and a walk into Elounda village is worth doing. The boat to Spinalonga was only 10 euros if you like history.
I would say this is more of a couples hotel but they cater very well for small children, there are plenty of watersports and there were also a few family groups. If you prefer the rowdy nightlife, I'd suggest Malia!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only golf-and-spa resort on Crete is a whole world on its own, with the "World's Best Spa" according to the Sunday Times' "Travel" magazine 2007. Rooms and suites all have panoramic views of the bay of Elounda over the green expanse of the golf course's 9 holes. Children are particularly well catered for, with a dedicated facility offering indoor and outdoor play areas, a lawn-laid olive-grove, a water-park and a sports field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Elounda Deluxe Hotel Elounda
- Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort Crete