We stayed at the Porta Elounda Hotel for three nights as part of a group tour of the Greek Islands. The lobby and common rooms are tastefully decorated with original indigenous regional art. Very classy. The breakfast and dinner buffets feature Cretan cuisine and the staff resupplies the food often. Our group arrived late on the first night and the restaurant staff kept the dining room open until 10 for us, which was very accommodating. We've heard that purchasing meals and wine on your own is expensive at this hotel; some people in our group took a taxi to the nearby town during the day and had lunch there. Others saved bread and cold meats and cheese from the breakfast buffet, combined with fresh fruit supplied in the room, for poolside munching later in the day. One evening, my husband and I walked down to the poolside bar for a late night drink. The live music (jazz guitar) was very romantic. However, the drinks were very expensive. I wanted prosecco, but at 22 Euros ($30 U.S.) per glass, I ordered a virgin mojito instead. (Still steep at 7.5 Euros/$10). The beach is small but clean and the sea water was surprisingly warm. Be aware that this hotel is popular with vacationing families so you will be surrounded by children (and often, their au pairs) in the dining rooms and at the pool. The highlight of our stay was Greek Night, outdoor dining and entertainment on Monday. The troupe of Greek musicians and dancers gave a lengthy and impressive performance and of course, invited the enthusiastic diners to join in the festivities. It was like being part of a big fancy Greek wedding!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only golf-and-spa resort on Crete is a whole world on its own, with the "World's Best Spa" according to the Sunday Times' "Travel" magazine 2007. Rooms and suites all have panoramic views of the bay of Elounda over the green expanse of the golf course's 9 holes. Children are particularly well catered for, with a dedicated facility offering indoor and outdoor play areas, a lawn-laid olive-grove, a water-park and a sports field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Elounda Deluxe Hotel Elounda
- Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort Crete