The Elounda Mare is situated in a stunning area of Crete with beautiful views and gorgeous lush grounds. The service at this Relais & Chateaux is 5 star from the exceptional attention paid by manager Harry to the delightful charm of Asia (head of guest relations). The property is very well maintained and the gourmet restaurant The Old Mill is worth a trip to the Elounda Mare should you decide to stay elsewhere. We had a spectacular stay and highly recommend this property.
We were on holiday (4 person) and stayed in a deluxe bungalow (bungalow 2) with a private saltwater pool. We spent our afternoons enjoying the lovely scenery and pool - with occasional trips to Elounda and Agios Nikolaos. There is a private beach at this resort which is fabulous (nice beach bar tender who makes a great drink with bananas) and water activities are available (though pricey). Our bungalow was nicely decorated and spacious. My only complaint with respect to the room was that the shower in the 2nd bathroom was WAY too small. We were 4 women, and I doubt some men would be able to make use of this shower at all (though there is a large spa tub with a hand held shower option as well).
It is worth noting that most guests at this property are 60 years+ in age. It is not inexpensive and the guests reflect this. The breakfast is excellent complete with Cretan specialities as well as cheeses, meats, fresh bread, fresh fruit, cereals/granolas, yogurts, fresh juice, champagne etc (and they will cook you eggs/omlettes, bacon, sausage, pancakes to order). Room service is prompt, and the quality of food is exceptional (not sure why I was surprised given the gourmet restaurants on the property - try the room service moussaka if you are staying in for the evening).
If I am able to return to Crete, I would stay at the Elounda Mare again without hesitation. My only suggestion is that air conditioning be added to the lobby and surrounding common areas (which given the luxurious rooms and gardens, you are not in there very often). We had a delightful stay made even more special by the thoughtful and attentive staff at the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Famed for its gracious and attentive service, this hotel is the embodiment of all-time-classic style and cultured luxury, where antique art and traditional architectural themes adorn all of its private-pool bungalows - each with its own terrace overlooking the Aegean Sea. Three fine dining venues reflect the Relais & Chateaux tradition of excellence, their culinary delights ranging from enticing lunchtime snacks to five-course dinners, with flambe and fish specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Elounda Mare Relais & Chateaux hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Mare Hotel And Bungalows
- Elounda Mare Relais & Chateaux Hotel Crete