We spent 6 nights of our honeymoon at the Elounda Mare. It was a fantastic experince! Upon arrival we were upgraded from a 'regular' bungalow to a deluxe, with great view of the Mediterranean sea and a lovely, private seawater pool. There was a bottle of chanpagne waiting for us and flowers on the doormat and petals in the bedroom. On following days, we kept receiving little gifts - chocolate, fruit... Service was impeccable - the bungalow and the pool were cleaned and restocked twice a day - but at the same time everything ws private and nobody was botehring us while in the room. We endep up not using the common pool at all. Food was great - fantastic rich breakfast buffet, and great restaurants (of course, they are pricey, but we found them well worth of the special occasion) We dined also on one of the other 'sisters' resorts and we found that a bit more 'family oriented' while at Elonda mare there were hardly any children at all. Overlall, despite the hotel being virtually sold out, if felt like there were few people around - I think becuase of teh way the landscape is designed, with bugalow nested all over and dozed of little alcoves by the sea for people to have some privacy. The only time we interacted with other people was during breakfast! We were in Crete at about the beginnig of the fire season - and we did experience fire behind the resort the last night of our stay - it was odd to dine with ashes floating in the air, but things were always in control (at least, they appeared to be!) We had one misshap - midway in our stay there was a problem with the water pump that supplied all the pools, so we did have one day in which our pool was getting quite low - luckily that was fixed the follwing day. Management was very attentive and responsive. One thing: road signs are ofetn a bit criptic and the entrance to the resort is quite hidden - we missed it on our way there, and on the following days we had to be extra careful not to drive past it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Famed for its gracious and attentive service, this hotel is the embodiment of all-time-classic style and cultured luxury, where antique art and traditional architectural themes adorn all of its private-pool bungalows - each with its own terrace overlooking the Aegean Sea. Three fine dining venues reflect the Relais & Chateaux tradition of excellence, their culinary delights ranging from enticing lunchtime snacks to five-course dinners, with flambe and fish specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Elounda Mare Relais & Chateaux hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Mare Hotel And Bungalows
- Elounda Mare Relais & Chateaux Hotel Crete