“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flowers of Crete Day Trips

Flowers of Crete Day Trips
Ranked #6 of 11 Tours in Elounda
More attraction details
Owner description: Day trips and holidays in all parts of Crete to discover rare and beautiful wild flowers in idyllic locations far from the beaten track, with artist and writer Julia Jones, President and Founder of the charitable trust Flowers of Crete,dedicated to protection and conservation of the native flora of the island. Trips can be tailor made for guests preferred interests and abilities. Choose from high mountains, sacred caves, Minoan shrines and sanctuaries, remote tavernas, wild flowers, birds of prey and much more. Experience secret and wonderful areas that most people will never get to see. Please enquire for more details. Although based in Elounda, mountain trips are offered all around the island. Please ask for details.
Dorchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I initially saw this trip on a trip advisor review Whilst compiling an itinerary for or holiday in Crete. Knowing how much my girlfriend loves flowers, especially Orchids. I booked a day trip with Julia into the mountains. I expected this to be something I would endure rather than enjoy. How wrong was I!

Julia is without one of the most friendly and informative guides you could ever hope to meet.
Throughout our day she was able to pass on a wealth of knowledge not just on flowers but everything from the Minoan s through to Cretan life in the present day. It was without doubt the highlight of our weeks holiday; and something I believe we might well do again. Lunch in a traditional taverna in the mountains is a must.

2 Thank Strummer_11

Watford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Julia Jones - Flowers of Crete- Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We initially went on one trip into the mountains of Crete with Julia in May and discovered an astonishing variety of orchids, arum lilies, irises, cyclamen, peonies and many other plants. Julia is very knowledgeable and also great fun, we had a lovely day – so much so that we immediately booked another outing.
If you would like to see beautiful wild flowers in Crete with an expert guide, then this is the trip for you.

3 Thank MacrayPKK
Channel Islands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A good day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We selected a day trip to see the spring flowers and also the mountain scenery in a part of Crete we had not seen in detail before. Early June this year was a bit late to see flowers in their full glory due to an early spring, nevertheless we saw quite a lot. After a morning coffee stop on the coast we ventured into the mountains, stopping for a while to walk around a small Minoan site. Higher into the mountains the scenery did not disappoint, with extensive views and we had a memorable, very reasonably priced lunch at the taverna in a mountain village. Thanks to Julia for a memorable day out, sharing her extensive knowledge of plants and conservation efforts - a bit of an uphill struggle in Crete.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Gibli
New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Surpassed Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

In April, I visited Crete in early April and took a private tour with Julia. She surpassed my expectations. I am most grateful for her endless patience with my non-stop questions. She is extremely knowledgeable and equally generous when it comes to sharing her knowledge. She is also a pleasure to spend a day with. Thank you Julia for a beautiful day of enlightenment.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank RedPeony
Hythe, United Kingdom
“A wonderful day's trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

on 1st May 2013 I spent the day with Julia looking at the rich flower life in the mountains and valleys above Kritsa in Eastern Crete, not far from Agios Nikolaos.
Her knowledge of and enthusiasm for plants and her bionic vision for botanical specimens made this a special day. We leapt in and out of her jeep as she spotted a tiny dot of colour and were well-rewarded with flowers great and small, from a miniature geranium nestled in a crevice, to a huddle of wild peonies. After lunch at friendly Taverna in the mountain valley we were delighted to find several different species of wild orchid still standing. As exciting as an Easter egg hunt (Easter is 5th May in Crete this year) and such riches! Now I know why I need a better camera.