“So relaxing”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

There's just something about this place. We started each evening with an ouzo and a few plates of delicious meze. So chilled out and relaxing. My favourite place by far in elounda, maybe even the whole of Greece!

2  Thank Wayne G

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I don't know whether I can add anything to what other people have said previously.
Its a little traditional gem with a lovely ambience overlooking the sea.
Very laid back with a rustic,hippy chick vibe.
Excellent food, well cooked and well presented.
It won't break the bank on prices either.

So if you want to experience the real Crete then give Poppy a visit
We will return

2  Thank Vivienne S
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I ate here last night and had such a lovely relaxing evening. This is a traditional Greek style taverna with a relaxed environment and typical Greek hospitality. The place was buzzing with local people dining with their family and friends. The menu consists of meze plates so we ordered a selection of around 7 dishes which was plenty. You can always order more as you go which shows how relaxed this restaurant is. The setting is very pretty with trees over the outside dining area with lanterns. The restaurant is located right on the seafront. The food is fresh and the chef will accommodate any special requests. I would recommend the grilled shrimps and cheese and spinach pies.

2  Thank Nicola C
Reviewed June 6, 2014

in a nutshell ...Eat and drink here ... FACT !!

slightly longer version ....

I have posted reviews of 'Poppy's ' before .... , let the free Meze plates with each round of wonderful drinks whet your appetite then eat of the small but perfectly formed menu and chill overlooking the wonderful view . trust some it will enhance your stay

1  Thank StacynFran
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Poppy's or Paparounia to give it its Greek name is a lovely little garden restaurant with a dozen tables. In fact to class it as a restaurant would be incorrect, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Poppy's is like sitting in a Greek grandmother's garden with her kitchen attached. really delightful home cooked food, no fuss or pomp; just honest to goodness great food. I loved Poppy on my last visit in September and was delighted to come back to it, not once , but 3 times in my visit in May 14.

2  Thank hellgirl