“Amazing Experience”

Diving Centre Blue Dolphin
Reviewed June 25, 2018

This was my first introduction to Scuba Diving and i cant praise my instructors AXEL and ALEX enough.So relaxed and friendly and the pair made what was quite a nervous experience for myself relatively easy. Hope the lads are there next season when i can take my open water course at the venue. And not forgetting Matilda, lovely friendly young lady.

All reviews
"equipment"
in 17 reviews
"safety"

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend went scuba diving here while on holiday. We have to say it was an absolutely experience. I would highly recommend it to anyone. The staff are so well trained and are absolutely amazing to deal with they were so much help.

Zantediver, Manager at Diving Centre Blue Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Hello Andy! Thank you very much for your positive review!
We wish you a great summer and always good bubbles! Best regards from Elounda!

Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

I've wanted to try scuba diving for years and when my wife booked our holiday and casually mentioned there was a dive centre here... well say no more!
I called the centre before our holiday to find out more about the introductory scuba course and the staff were really helpful with their information and a follow up e mail. Before I arrived I'd already completed the required theory online and was ready to get into the water!
I enrolled on the SSI 2 day course: a combination of theory/ review with some dives. After the first day with my instructor I felt confident with the equipment and systems and theory review. On my second day there was some one to one and then half an hour in a sheltered cove practiscing some basic skills and safety routines followed by a second dive. After 2 days I am now certified as a scuba diver with relevant log book and paperwork and looking forward to progressing my skills on future dives. The water here is beautifully clear and besides the countless species of fish I saw octopus, moray eel and a cuttlefish. The dive team and instructors are fantastic, speak many languages, and are full of knowledge. Thanks for everything and here's to further adventures in the big blue!

Zantediver, Manager at Diving Centre Blue Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2018

Hello Graham! Thank you very much for your opinion here on Tripadviser ! It makes us happy, that you enjoyed it! We really appreciate that you have been here with us making your first Diving Certification. And you have done really well !! All the best with your continuing education and we wish you a lot of great dives wherever you are! Might see you again here or in the beautiful mountains at yours (you never know;.)... Best regards from Dajana and the Blue Dolphin Team!

Reviewed October 23, 2017

Diving between 26 Sept and 8 October 2017

I really can't praise the Blue Dolphin Dive Centre highly enough.
Lucky runs a a thoroughly professional outfit with safety being of paramount importance assisted by Dajana and Pierre. Fees are very reasonable with options to book a block of dives at a discount. I opted for the five dive package, which was perfect for me. Diving with Dajana, Pierre and Lucky was an absolute pleasure. They made me feel at home with a relaxed friendly welcome the minute I arrived.

They have numerous dive sites easily reachable by their own boat that will cater for all needs including three wrecks and and old rotary engine from a plane. This said the shore dive from the small lagoon a mere 25m from the dive centre and equipment store has plenty to see. Everything from Shoals of Damsel fish and brightly coloured Wrasse to Moray eels, Grouper, Octopus, Squid, Amber Jacks and much more and that was just on my orientation dive prior to my night dive.

I totally recommend the night dive. Lucky and Pierre gave us a very thorough briefing. We knew we were in safe hands. It was an amazing experience. Settling down on the plateau turning lights off and watching the plankton fluoresce was an experience I shall never forget, although seeing Pierre get inked by a squid when he got a little too close will take some beating.

Aside from the diving they organise a divers dinner get together on Friday nights at a local Taverna just along from the bay in Elounda.
A typical warm friendly Greek welcome from the owners with an array of lovely traditional Greek food and local wine and raki that just keeps coming. It's a great night out. I would throughly recommend keeping a Friday night free and going along, you won't regret it.

Thank to all of you for making my diving with you such a great experience. I will definitely be returning to dive with you all again.

See you all again soon.

Michael

2  Thank Michael F
Zantediver, Inhaber at Diving Centre Blue Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Hello Michael,
thank`s for your kind words. You where really a nice company and diving with you was a pleasure too. Looking forward to have you again as a buddy along our dives. Have a nice winter and take care.
Best regards, from the whole Blue Dolphin team

See more reviews
Reviewed August 31, 2017

Going scuba diving was something I had wanted to do for years, but I'd never found the right time......until I met the team at Blue Dolphin while I was on holiday at the Aquila Elounda Village in Crete.

They put on 'try-dives' for free on the beach so that you can find out if it is something you want to pursue further. My instructor, Blue, was so friendly and patient and I instantly felt at ease, despite doing an activity which is potentially risky if done badly.

From that dive, which was only a five minute paddle around the shallows, I knew I wanted to do more, so I booked onto one of their dives the next day. Again, Blue was my instructor, which was great and, following some tutoring and paperwork, she kitted me out like a proper diver and took me from the beach out to the deeper water just outside of the breakwater. I saw loads of wildlife, including Fireworms, Moray Eels and various fish...too many to name! The time flew by and we were soon heading back to dry land.

The whole experience was exhilarating and I loved seeing the underwater world. It was so colourful and so amazingly different to what we see on land.

I'd have loved to have done one of their courses to become a qualified diver, but sadly, having discussed it with Lucky, the business owner and instructors, Diana and Blue, I didn't have time to be able to fit it all in to the remainder of my stay in Crete.

But they did say they could take me out for a longer dive across the bay out in some different water. So the next day, kitted up, I clambered aboard their boat along with a number of other divers and set out across the bay. It was then I realised that I'd be like a proper diver and have to fall backwards off the boat into the water.....and after a bit of instruction, that's what I did! I felt like a pro!

Blue took me for a 50 minute dive around the area where I saw huge schools of fish, many eels, sea cucumers, starfish...the list goes on. It was so relaxing to just be there swimming amongst all of the wildlife. I will never forget seeing the thousands of fish swimming in shoals around me.

Apart from the diving, the thing that struck me was how warm and friendly all the team members at Blue Dolphin were and also the other people who had booked onto the dives. There was a real togetherness and everyone was willing to help each other out with there kit etc. It's a shame that I couldn't stay longer and do more dives, but I guess that's a good reason to return one day.

I'd like to thank Lucky, Diana and Christian for all their encouragement and help along the way. But I want to give a special mention to Blue, who was buddied up with me on each dive and whose natural teaching manner made it so easy to pick up the basic diving techniques.

Overall, I would thoroughly recommend the Blue Dolphin dive school and I look forward to returning as soon as I can!

3  Thank Richard B